They had their first day of swim lessons. They did much better at it than I would have guessed, considering all the nightly fights of water anywhere near T's head. W said she really liked that teacher because she made it so fun for her to learn. She did!
The teacher commented that she noticed how they feed off of each other to get better. So having school together in the same class could be good. W is good at following directions and reminding T what to do. She is also a little bit more brave with jumping in the water and swimming to the deep end. T was good at reminded W what to do after she reminded him a few times to stay on task. He was also telling the teacher all sorts of things that she really doesn't know about nor needs to know about, but since she asked his name, he thought she would want to know.
I'm just glad T got in the water because all day he was telling me about how kitties don't like water and he is a kitty. You mean, you don't like water on any part of your head and you don't want to blow bubbles in the water.
Yeah. The other kid in their class is 3, almost 4. He has had lots more swim lessons, but today he started off the first day of this cycle by jumping in the water near the teacher without any floaties at all. Right. Not my kids. Hopefully him being brave will rub off.
During swim lesson time, E and I get lots of one on one. We played trains and putting the trains in toys that are meant to have balls to roll down slides, but we had fun! I guess he was having so much fun that he couldn't settle down to take a nap today, even though he was in the car for 30 minutes.
We had good dentist appointments. Well, at least better than last year. W only has 2 cavities this time. I think I'm going to ask for sealants for her baby teeth. She also has broken off almost all of her fillings somehow. The dentist says he thinks she grinds her teeth. Most likely.
J got them Crayola crayon toothpaste. They love to brush their teeth with it lots. They also decided to brush this stuffed animals teeth with it too. Now it looks like the stuffed animal has grey teeth because all the colors are mixed together.
I can't keep up with E cuteness. There are sooooo many pictures I wish I could get on film. He went to the park and ran from one end of the big kid playground to the other including running across the bridge without even pausing.
There was also a cute pic of him poking his head through the kitchen window at the pool play area. And of course just listening to him add a word a day to his vocabulary.
He doesn't like new clothes. Whenever I put something on for the first time he throws a huge fit. He didn't like flip flops the first time I put them on. Same with his swim suit. He informed me it was too tight.
I figured out E's accent. He says the letter a in front of almost all of his words in a sentence.
W and T learned about cowboys at preschool. They came home with a wanted poster. They had bars drawn over the face. They said they drew it that way because then it looked like the bad guy was already caught. One bad guy had a beard. They both had ugly faces. One bad guy had a mushroom in his jail cell. I asked W what that was about. She said it was bad mushroom. Hahahaha! There is a mushroom stuffed animal that E calls bad mushroom. I guess that's it's name.
E loves to be a ghostie. He asked me to cover him up at night by saying ghostie.
E picked W a dandelion for the first time tonight. She loved it.
T told me the other day that he needed to remember to tell Papa thank you for his legos. I asked him why he wanted to say thank you. He said it is so Papa knows how much he likes legos so that he will get T some more the "next Christmas". We had a discussion about liking the toys we have. W pointed that she had the same problem because she just wants more and more my little ponies like T wants legos and it "must be a kid problem. I told her it is an adult problem too, to want more stuff.
I guess T must have also overheard me say "Is it Christmas every time I leave?" Because they get new toys every time I'm gone for the weekend.
| I came back to find that W had pink pony legos and T had built a tractor. |
| First swim lessons |
| E feasting on the gold fish diet while I was gone |
| Cute E |
| E playing ghostie |
| E reading the how things work book on the race car page |
No comments:
Post a Comment