| Exhausted from playing so wild. This is what I came home to. Happy kids! |
| 1 of 2 pics taken while Grandma was here. She had her hands full. Too hard to think of pics |
| The other pic from Grandma being here. W was so kind to let her brothers ride up here together. |
| Purple blossoms! I knew W would love them |
| The bunches are not mistletoe. They are all butterflies! |
| "My family" |
| "me" |
| I love how well my hubby takes flower pics |
| I didn't realize the monarchs had polka dotted bodies. Even cooler |
First memory was the dishwasher bubbling over. W was super helpful to Grandma and offered to start the dishwasher for her. Except W hasn't done it before and just grabbed the closest dishwasher soap. It was the regular soap. So of course you know what happened. Bubbles oozing out everywhere! The story is told a little different by everyone. Grandma says E came around the corner and said "Oh my goodness! Bubbles!". Sounds like him. T says Grandma said "what is this on my feet? Oh! Bubbles" and that he slipped on the bubbles in his kitty fur (he likes to call his fuzzy blanket kitty fur). W didn't say much. I think she felt a little bad. But they all thought it was funny!! Mina said she would have been mad about it. They were late to preschool, but for a funny reason!
This memory is told my mom. Mina set off the smoke alarm with burnt toast in her kitchen area. Neither my mom or Mina could get the off button to work or how to get the battery out, so my mom put it in her freezer for the night. When I got home, we tried it out and sure enough. The off button doesn't work. You reset it by taking the battery out. Whatever. Got everyone's attention. My mom must have told several people that story with the kids around because they told me about it, too.
Some other adventures that the kids didn't really tell me about include going shopping with Grandma and getting spoiled for sure. W has new shoes, a shirt and a new dress. Haven't seen those around before!
They played in the water in the driveway a ton. My mom mentioned it but the kids haven't. I think it is because they know it is too early in the season for swim suits and water, but they did it anyway. It has taken me a week to untrain them again.
I know they planted a bunch of plants because I have all my pots revamped and beautified as well as a few other plants in my garden. Can't complain about that!
They told me they went to play with some friends. I guess they got to go on a hike to a park with them. I was surprised that T wanted to go play with them because the other boy is 1 1/2 years older than T, but they must get along well if T wanted to play with him. Good to know!
Church was a great success. The teacher must have done a great job teaching about repentance. W wanted to leave her repentance band aid on for 2 days and T gave the repentance lesson in FHE
No one has mentioned what they ate, but all the food I prepared is pretty much all still in the fridge or the freezer. I guess my mom and the kids both don't like my cooking and need a change. Good to know for next time. I know they got some blueberries with breakfast one morning. There was a ton of super creamy mac and cheese with non wheat noodles left over in the fridge. I also know they got some frozen yogurt because they have new stuffed animal bears they got from the store. One of the young women I work with let them take something from the treasure box because she knows them. Surprisingly the pudding and ice cream is also still in the fridge.
My mom said she only took a couple of pics. No surprise there! I don't have many pics because I know that I'm mostly not hands free. I get it!
But hey! They had a blast! They were super happy kids when we came home.
We spent a ton of time investigating how things were in the city and surrounding areas. I told my hubby I wanted to go on a hike while we were there. So he planned extra hard to bring me to a place to hike. And he wanted to surprise me that there would be tons of butterflies! It is the last month of them being there in Mexico before they move north again, so it was really fun. And I've never seen them all bunched together. I think my favorite part was being able to listen to them fly. Sounded like the wind. That would have never happened if we had driven straight there.
We took a detour. We didn't think it was a detour, but it was. Oh well. Signs are not as plentiful or similar as to what we are used to. Finally found the sign spray painted on a wall behind some trees at an intersection. But we got there right at the end to be the last people up for the day.
And of course we ate lots of good delicious food.
No comments:
Post a Comment