Thursday, March 26, 2015

middle of march

I feel a bit out of it in that I have taken two continuing education courses two weekends in a row after the weekend of being gone with my hubby on his trip.  So I only know mid week stuff.  But here are few basics.

Cute E

The hyacinth bloomed.  W loves the smell of them.  She is laying on the ground sniffing them sideways.  The flag is up to protect them from getting trampled

E trying to copy the big kids doing the splits

He lost his balance

The big kids doing splits

Shortly after they learned to climb the tree.  W remembered that climbers wear helmets

We went for a stroll in the gardens.  J caught a great action shot of W jumping from rock to rock
 
This is T's work.  One day for some reason, he decided to really work hard on art in school.  This was a lot of work and he skipped free time

W has started cutting things out to "make them more real"  They play with these paper objects she creates like toys

E helping me with the dishes now.  He is fairly good at doing this

Cute T

Cute W

There is a pic of W drawing on the summer bench.  This is what she drew.  A pine needle falling from the sky

The birds and cats around here are getting huge

All three playing together.  W was blowing bubbles for E and over the truck.  The truck was getting a wash in the "car wash"  E was permitted to stay and watch

E walked a long way holding on to Papa's hand. 

W and T by a bush I like

On a suspension bridge

T taking a rest from running across the bridge tons of times.  Still likes a good mommy snuggle when tired

All three at the end of walking around at the gardens

A pic of T giving me a flower.  I want to remember when T wanted to give me flowers so much
They figured out how to climb the tree.  The big kids, not E, although E did make an attempt to climb the smaller tree.  This means that any free play time has essentially consisted of pretending to be cats, birds or bugs in the tree.  After standing below the tree for three days certain they were going to break their necks, I feel like they have gotten down some good motor skills and balance down.  But it still freaks me out.  I told my hubby our first broken bone has got to be somewhere around the corner.

I let them, though, because I have so many fond memories of tree climbing myself.  I also remember feeling more sure footed in a tree because bark can give much better traction than playground metal or plastic.  Hopefully that is true.  And no friends are allowed up there with them.  They haven't wanted to play with friends this week.....

The other thing is having lots of papa time.  I'm not certain of minute by minute happenings with Papa, but I know one of them was learning to climb the tree.  Another one is told to me by Ethan.

I know they have had access to lots of good food at the bar, not the table together.  E climbed up on the bar stool Monday morning and started listing off all the stuff he wanted to eat.  Goldfish, pizza, strawberries, milk, grapes, etc.  I must admit it is really cute.  But he has been eating very little comparatively speaking this week.  I'm not sure if it is because he has had so many more calories than he is used to and just isn't too hungry or if he is trying to hold out for stuff he knows he likes better. 

While the kids are in the tree I've been doing some yardwork.  W found me some "girl weeds!"  They are flowering right now before going to seed.  I thought that was pretty cute of her.

We also did get a little family time going to the local gardens.  Ended up being beautiful after a week of some really heavy (needed) rains. 

W had her first hair cut at a salon.  She was smiling the entire time.  Well.  I know what she will be spending her babysitting money on.

We have a week of really exciting stuff.  A visit to the dentist.  They like it.  I am wondering how this is going to be because I'm testing to see how their hygiene habits are.  And the first day of swim lessons!!!  Can't wait.  Spring equinox is here and ready to be celebrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment