Sunday, July 3, 2011

"Why is it so stinkin' cold here!!!"
Just enjoying the sun
"Ready to go in the spa, Uncle Scotti. This puddle isn't cutting it for me any more"
We were the last car in the line on the ferry. We ran up and down this a bunch. It was a gorgeous sunset (that I didn't remember to get a picture of until we had to load in the car to drive off)
Ouch! I don't like stepping on rocks
Rocky and Whitney on the way to the groomers. They both looked so sad about the whole thing
I left the room to go get the camera, and this is what I found. Oh yeah. They know how to climb now. It's over. No more peace and quiet
I thought I had captured all the adorable sleeping baby pics, but this one melted my heart


The babies/kidlets have learned lots and lots this week. They learned how to go up the stairs and down the slide by themselves at the park. Whitney learned to put her hands in her pockets (see above pic), to get my shoes on their feet, to really climb up on chairs (and thus tables), unload the dishwasher using the step stool to reach the top rack and they seem to suddenly understand a lot of what I'm saying. I will just say it's time to eat or time to read books or to pray and they will go to where they need to be and get ready for the activity.

The sun was out on Friday, so, since Jim had work off, we(he) went clamming. Which is fine, because the babies love clam chowder. He decided to catch Dungeness crab, but they didn't want to be caught, so he caught rock crab instead. Tucker was really good at digging with Daddy with his shovel. Tucker also spent a bunch of time "bouldering" on the rocks to get down to the beach and walking in the water to throw rocks into the water. Whitney liked burying her feet in the sand with her shovel. She spent a lot of time in my arms, though, as we learned later she was getting sick.

This week, even though it was cold a lot of the time (see outfits) it was also sunny part of the day every day, so we went to the park a bunch. That is probably why they learned to master the stairs and slide at the playground. In fact, we went to the park in celebration of my mom's 52nd birthday:)

Anyway, it's been fun watching the kidlets grow and learn this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment