Tucker figured out how to rock this thing on his own. See video below. He got pretty wild with it after awhile.So this week was the recovery week. I didn't realize just how long we were gone. It didn't seem like we were gone for 10 days until I came back to weeds and grass literally up to my knees. Oopps. And a big pile of poop left in our yard by my neighbor because I didn't scoop for 10 days and she probably mowed her lawn twice while we were gone (the grass is greener on the other side, according to the dogs). Another Oopps.
The first day of the recovery week went like so. Monday. "Oh. I guess we don't have any clean clothes. Better spend all day washing them." Then Tuesday was a "Oh dear. We REALLY don't have any fresh food to eat. Lots of cans, but no milk, cheese or yogurt. heaven forbid." Wednesday was a slap in the face because it rained a ton, as well as Thursday. I spent those days wondering why I ever left Utah, the sun, and exactly what am I doing with my life that has any purpose...... I think I did more laundry or cleaned the floor or somethings those days. Don't remember. All I know is that going to a sunny, warm place made me realize how much I need the sun.
Today was also a beautiful day, so I took the babies on a walk in the stroller before church. I need to do that more often. That was the least stressful church day I've had in a long time. Probably because I went for a walk in the sun.
Friday was our 7th wedding anniversary!! We ate together. By our big bad selves. We went rock climbing with our friends and the babies the next day. It was really fun to do that together. I think I really like climbing with my hubby. Hopefully he likes it, too. The climbing wall was outdoors. Not well used due to less than optimal conditions with the rain, but there was a playground right next to it. Perfect!! That's where we got the pics of the babies. I think Jim had fun as he got all motivated to clean the garage that afternoon. What an awesome anniversary present!! Seriously. It's been bothering me since we moved here. The babies and I cleaned Jim's truck (sucked up a bunch of dried out peas and cheerios. Wiped off a bunch of milk splatters, too) for his anniversary present. Yep. I guess we've been married a bit if we do that for the anniversary.
Tuesday was a beautiful night and I talked a friend into going kayaking on the lake last minute. First time out and it's June.
While I was on the phone with my mom this morning, Whitney did a really funny thing. She pulled the cup out of the dog food bag, tucked it under her left arm and was scattering dog food on the floor like she was feeding chickens. It was so cute! But then Tucker tasted a few and the picture was suddenly less cute.
One other video is of Whitney being what Jim calls "baby shark" We were at this park in Pendleton OR. If anyone has been to Pendleton, they would know all these things we did at that park were fine. We fit right in with the locals. Whitney crawled up on the table and begged for food like a baby shark. (she leans forward toward the food she wants, opening her mouth wider and wider until she gets it). We stripped them down to change diapers in the parking lot and put them in their pjs. All quite right for this park.
Anyway, this week ended well due to all the fun and relaxing we had after the vaca. (see pics above). 2 more sundays until nursery. Then we'll call them the kidlets instead of the babies, Ryan.
No comments:
Post a Comment