Tuesday, June 21, 2011

this blog is subject to change

Whitney running through the grass. "I'm free of my carseat!!!"" They loved the long grass and wearing sandels
Their favorite toy at Izana's house. Henry is on the floor next to them

Whitney has always been a very messy eater. So this picture is to show that she is properly motivated with smoothies. Note: there are only four spills. The bowl is almost empty. She doesn't miss a single bit. This is how she officially learned to use a spoon.
Whitney playing with chopsticks (and looking kind of cross-eyed). She wanted to take Daddy out to dinner (one foodie to another) for Father's day, so we met him early for dinner on Monday near his work.

"This is how you properly eat with chopsticks!"
Their favorite box. It's great for putting on shoes.
"Here's my belly button, Daddy! How come you keep asking me, silly?"
"I love my stool. Love it."
"Even better than running through the house in only a diaper is driving while only wearing a diaper. You should try it."
"Look ma! No hands!" (Daddy showed her this new trick)
Tucker prefers to use his hands (although he does occasionally like to try the toe trick). And he can multitask. Honk the horn while eating, all at the same time.
Tucker content in the car
Tucker still content in the car.
Again, Tucker likes road trips.
More content Tucker pictures. Note: there are no content Whitney pictures (except the toe trick) in the car. She doesn't like road trips. And she told/screamed this for 3.5 hours straight, too. Jim was so desperate to not listen to her for 14 hours, that, driving into Salt Lake, he was seriously considering putting Whitney and me on the plane and meeting us at home. (He didn't, but thought about it).
Tucker eating watermelon on his own.
Whitney's turn.
Slinky's are cool.
OK. Maybe there is one picture of Whitney content in the car.
Tucky rock climbing, just like Daddy and Mommy
Tucker preventing neck strain. His head did flop around a bit. I thought the arm thing was so cute.
This is the first thing the babies did when we got home from our trip. Sit in these chairs. They love them that much. Thanks Izana!
Whitney also loves the doll bed from Tia Izana

Whitney loves the swing. Happy Father's day.


So. This post is, as stated above, subject to change. I will probably finish it in pieces, but I have all the pics up, so that's all that matters.

We had a great time at the family reunion. We learned a lot about each other and felt the glorious sun every day. What follows are the details.

Whitney doesn't like car rides. Tucker doesn't like them much either, but spends a significantly less time talking about it. They only slept in the car 45 minutes total for each leg. Shoot me now. They (Whitney) was much better on the way back as there was one video (out of 9) from the library that she liked. It was educational. All in Spanish. Daddy learned the words for "birdie" "kitty" "airplane", etc all in Spanish. It helps to get 8 hours of repetition to learn a new language. Whitney also doesn't like to sleep in the cold. The first night we went camping. The next three nights, we hotel camped. And everyone was happier. To give Whitney credit, we were all cold. It was 36 degrees that night (something we wouldn't have to worry about in WA) and she was so cold that when I brought her into my sleeping bag, I could feel her cold toes through her socks, sleeper and my pajamas as well on my thighs. Poor thing! Tucker just flopped around a ton and cried, hoping to get warm.

We went and hiked Mt Timpanogos caves the next day. If the rest of Jim's family wasn't mad at us by then, they were after this. We got to the top just fine. Aunt Hannah carried Whitney the whole way. That is a lot of work. Then we went in the caves. It started out with a bit of fussing until it got to full on melt downs. The ranger (finally) asked if I wanted to leave the caves at this point. I could barely hear her with both babies screaming in my ear, in a cave. Very memorable. I'm pretty sure I'll never forget that trip. Daddy was gone rock climbing with his brother and Dad, and hiked up to meet us at the end of the cave tour. Thank heavens! As soon as there was one baby to a parent, they both fell fast asleep, 2.5 hours after they should have started taking a nap.

Thursday was touring Salt Lake City. Believe me, I was in no mood to have a repeat of the previous day, so we stayed in camp. We had a great time digging in dirt, pulling dandelions and other yellow flowers, sitting in mini chairs, and climbing on the playground to worry about them in Salt Lake. Much, much better. The babies and I also slept for 3 hours together while Daddy went to see a movie. He claims he can't nap. Poor man.

Friday was really fun. Grandma and Grandpa watched Whitney and Tucker for 4 hours while we went rock climbing together. It was so much fun! The sun was shining, I was with my hubby and rock climbing is really fun. It is like a puzzle as far as knowing where to put your feet and I already knew I love repelling. I really want to be my hubby's climbing buddy, now. Grandma and Grandpa took Tucky and Whit on a nature hike and threw rocks in the stream. Whitney's fan club probably fed her lots of Red vines and gold fish crackers.

That was another really cute thing that happened on this trip. Whitney's fan club and how much Whitney loved the attention. There were about 5 girl cousins ages 7-15 that followed Whitney around camp, and Whitney followed them around, too. She had this little grin the whole time she was with them.

Another time Whitney had her little grin on was when Aaron and Joseph dressed them while I was at Izana's house. Aaron and Joseph really wanted to dress the babies, but since the babies don't really like getting dressed, I said no. I went to get their clothes out and turned around to find them gently undressing them. The babies weren't protesting, so I let them process. Whitney had her little cute grin on that said "I love being the star of the show" the whole time those boys dressed them. Tucker let them be extra rough without protesting, as if to say, "It's ok. I'm learning too"

The cutest thing by far that has happened this week it that Whitney and Tucker have figured out to fold their arms for prayer. Whitney figured it out first, but Tucker soon followed. It's really fun to see this new skill.

I'm sure I'll keep adding to this blog as I remember stuff, but maybe not. We'll see.

1 comment:

  1. So Glad we go to see you while you were in town.Wish we could have spent so more time with you all. I have a new supply of Fish Crackers, and found another wheat thin under the fridge.

    ReplyDelete