Well, you know how you might have said that I'm a busy mom? Well, I've felt that way some days, but now I know I have much left in store for me. I didn't take any pics or videos this week, mostly because my hands were full. So the pics above are from a couple of months ago when we first took them to the beach to go clamming. This blog is mostly reading and you'll have to fill in the blanks with your imagination.
I've decided this week to tell you the cute things they have been doing each day. Monday, the fourth, we went to a neighborhood picnic where they re-enacted a civil war battle. There were teenagers shooting water guns at each other while the crowd threw down poppers. And the teenagers had hanging name badges for their characters while they read a script. We went to the park later and Tucker was quite the daredevil. He climbed to the top of the highest slide ( about 3 feet above my head) and slid down it. Twice. What was really funny was his look of terror as he went down each time. I decided it was too stressful for me, so I didn't let him go down again. Whitney, in the mean time, went over to one of the dads sitting and watching his kid, to make friends so she could look at his watch. We also went for a walk late at night (before they woke up scared from the fireworks that started going off around 11 pm)
Tuesday we went to the pet store to get dog food. We looked at the turtles, kittens, fish, birds, and last of all the mice. There were two mice on a wheel at the same time, running. One mouse went a little faster than the other at times, so the slower mouse would trip up the faster one and he would sort of stumble outside the wheel a bit. The babies laughed hysterically at these running mice for a good 15 minutes. I wish I had a video for that, but you're going to have to use your imagination.
Wednesday I fed them cheerios in a bowl with milk for the first time. Holy cow. Cheerios in milk, we all agree, taste much better than dry, and they agree with us whole-heartedly. That was some serious, very focused eating. But, Cheerios is not the breakfast of champions. They got hungry again at 9 am instead of 11. Back to oatmeal or whole wheat pancakes. Wednesday we also got invited to one of those private lake beach parks. Boy was that fun. Lots of filling of buckets with sand with the shovel. And Whitney LOVES deep water. We were there for about 2 hours, and lucky for me Whitney didn't figure out that she likes deep water until the last 15 minutes. She preferred to have her feet buried in the sand for most of it. But then the older kids started getting deeper, so she started following them. She had quite the look of glee on her face. I think the life jacket investment will ease the stress of days at the lake.
Thursday was the daily stuff. Their chores now include emptying the dishwasher and buckling the top buckle of their car seat. I wish I could get a video of them emptying the dishwasher. Tucker empties it at top speed, very intent on getting them all out. Whitney figured out that she needs the step stools to get the dishes out in the top rack, so she asks for the step stools. In grunts, of course.
Friday we went to the beach again. Last Friday Jim paddled out and dropped crab pots off the kayaks, caught a bunch of rock crab and then accidentally killed them on the way home. He got ice for the bottom of the ice chest for them to make the ride home more comfortable and unplugged the stopper. However, the stopper became stopped up again with all the bouncing on the way home and the ice chest filled up with non oxygenated fresh water that killed them. It was really sad for all parties involved. So he still wanted crab. This time, though, he decided to dive for them to get Dungeness crab instead. No such luck. But while he was out swimming in freezing, murky water, we were on the beach throwing rocks, filling the bucket with sand, eating dinner with lots of screaming involved. And Whitney pointing to different dogs arriving and saying "daw" each time they arrived. She also says "raw" for rock every time I threw one for her or she gave me one.
Saturday they did something cute, but I don't remember what. Probably charmed the neighbors. We had a neighborhood BBQ at our house and one of the neighbor's brought over some new sand toys.
Sunday was awesome because they were so cute sleeping. I can't believe it. Tucker had a melt down around 6:30 pm, so I bathed him and threw him in bed by 7 pm. He slept until 7 am today. Crazy. And then, Whitney pulled a record of sleeping from 8 pm to 9 am this morning.
Next week: nursery!!!!
So, on a more philosophical note, I'm reading a very interesting book. Well, one I like. I've always been fascinated by survival stories, so I've read books like Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell, Deep Survival, another one about a lady that made it alive in China in the 1960's, The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom and now The Long Walk by Slavomir Rawicz. I love the suspense if they make it or not. It makes me realize that my life as a stay at home mom is really paradise
No comments:
Post a Comment