It must be summer. Jim is wanting to build, which is fine by me. This year's project is a tad smaller than last year's shed. It's a fence to keep the poop in our yard. Apparently the dogs think the grass is greener on the other side, but the neighbors are not amused with the saying. It won't keep the babies, in though. Tucker already figured out how to undo the latch. Sigh.
On Tuesday the babies turned 18 months, something all LDS parents look forward to. Now they are old enough for nursery today. We'll see how it goes. I'm not worried about Whitney liking it (they have fruit snacks there), but who knows about Tucker. It will probably depend on his mood. They went to the doctor on Wednesday. That was an adventure.
I thought going to the doctor when they were babies was hard. Hah! And I think I have a lot more than this to look forward to, once they figure out this is where they get their shots. Tucker weighs 26 pounds and Whitney weighs 21 pounds. Much better than the 31 pounds the scale at home tells us. Which is also good for me, because now I can subtract 5 pounds off of the weight it tells me for me, too! Tucker is 33.5 inches tall and Whitney is 32.5 inches tall. That wasn't so bad, but as soon as that doctor started poking and proding Tucker, it was a screaming, kicking, fighting fest. The doctor has no idea how Tucker's ears are doing because Tucker would have none of that. It got worse and worse, until finally, it was over and he could jump off the table and hug Mommy. It was obviously very relaxing to hug Mommy, the only problem is that he was diaperless at this point of the exam and Mommy got peed on. My mom always told me about how embarrassed she was that I peed on the doctor when I first went, but I don't know. I think the doctor can take one for the team. It wasn't that fun to smell stinky and be all sticky wet until I got home. That Tucker! Whitney had no problem. In fact, she seemed to like the one on one attention from two adults. They were both really good about getting shots, though. And that is one I hate, too.
This post might be a Tucker being gross this week. See above story. Plus, he tried licking water out of the puddle, just like Sammy, as well as eat grass, on his hands and knees, just like the dogs. Whose training who?
Friday was our favorite day this whole week. It wasn't raining and the sun peeked out a bit. This of course made Jim want to go catch those elusive crab that he tried catching the past two Fridays. This Friday he won while we played on the beach. It was great. We were there about 2 hours, the amount of time the sun was out. The babies splashed in the stream while Daddy flopped about in freezing water to catch 5 Dungeness crab. Waaaayy better than fast food. Way better than crawfish, Scott. We shared with Mina and it brought back memories for her of catching lobster in Mexico.
I really wanted to get a video of Whitney's new skills. She is really impressed with her stacking ability. She can make a tower of hot chocolate and crystal light tins as high as she is. She also has started putting things away by putting them on the counter. I couldn't find her shoes one day because I was looking on the ground.
One video is of Tucker talking. He talks like this all day long. I love it. It is so happy. It's the first thing I hear every morning (over Rocky snoring, that is). The other video is them on the bridge. It makes me nervous to have them cross the bridge, but they love it.
Another fun week. Wish you were here!
No comments:
Post a Comment