Sunday, March 14, 2010

Spring forward!?



So. You know those people that show up to church an hour late and say they totally forgot about daylight savings time? I think it is just an excuse to have one less hour of church. I can't believe that anyone could forget daylight savings time. It is very important. And we are now officially part of that group. I can't believe I forgot about daylight savings time. Jim woke up at 8:30 (really 9:30 unknown to us at the time) and asked what time I wanted to go to church. Then the next sentence was "Is today daylight savings time?" Oh yeah. The only reason we figured it out was because he looked at his phone, the only correct clock in the house. At least he didn't have to bring anyone to church today. It still makes that comic of the two dinosaurs stranded on an island watching the ark in the distance with the word caption "Oh crap! That was TODAY!" totally apply.

As Jim is having this conversation with me, Tucker is fussing because he messed his pants, so I go in to change him. He pretty much missed the diaper and is covered in poop up to his neck. Really. Up to his neck in poop. How is that possible? It's not like you can change the direction your bum can face. As I am trying to clean him up, he peed on the wall. I was too focused on the poop to watch the pee. I rapidly covered him with his diaper. A minute later, erroneously thinking it was safe, I tried to finish cleaning the poop and he peed on the changing pad cover, his clean clothes, Whitney's clean diaper and the wet wipe container. I quit. What an awesome spring forward day. Good thing the snow laced trees outside were present to remind me it is spring.

Anyway. This week was pretty good. I went to my doctor's appt and finally got full release to do everything again. The babies had their first shots and only got a mild fever. Oh yeah. That was the night Daddy was babysitting. I forgot to tell him about the second dose of infant tylonol and the warm bath to calm them down. They cried the whole time I was gone.

I went to a landscaping design class. That was pretty cool. My neighbor and I also got Whitney's blessing dress done and half of Tucker's outfit. It looks so cool.

I called my mom to tell her Tucker weighs 10 lbs. 1 oz and Whitney weighs 8 lbs 11 oz. She said that Tucker's new nickname should be "Hefty Hefty". He is getting cute and fat.

The pictures are of Whitney's shots and bandaids. The other is Tucker the first time he used his Bumbo chairs sitting on the table. He is getting so big.

No comments:

Post a Comment