Monday, March 8, 2010

Over the top!!






Last week was insane. For everyone involved, I think. Jim was able to do his presentation and spend the week Tuesday through Friday working from 7 am or so until 10 pm or later helping his clients that flew in for the conferences. I thought I was going to fall over dead doing all that child care alone and was very glad to see him Friday night. I think Jim was glad to be done, too. Now it is work as regularly scheduled. Jim mentioned one time that he was tired after all that activity at work. I don't think he'll mention being fatigued again to someone who has been woken up every 2-3 hours and is up for an hour for two months. His words fell on deaf ears.

Jim spent Saturday and Sunday helping to take care of the babies while I got caught up on stuff. Mostly housework and shopping. He kept walking around the house exclaiming "You're huge!" to Tucker. Apparently Tucker grew a ton in four days. Every time we go to pick him up, his weight is very noticible. That would explain why he decided to eat 4-5 ounces every 3 to 4 hours. Whitney eats about 2.5-3 ounces. I think all that attention from Daddy to Tucker made her jealous because now she is increasing her intake to 4 ounces on occasion, too. Whitney smiled at Mommy on purpose on Wednesday and Tucker on Friday. Whitney made a cooing sound today, just because. They are getting rather good at tummy time and lifting their heads to turn them. We are almost able to use the Bumbo chairs. That will be great when they want to see what Mommy is cooking. I will be able to set them on the counter.

This week we will be doing a photo op with a friend's sister. She needs newborn pics for a class and is coming to the house for FREE!! I can't wait. It is my awesome ex-neighbor that hooked me up with her sister to do this. A county nurse is coming to the house today to weigh them and they go to the doctors for their shots on Thursday. This is going to be a busy but fun week.

The picture of the babies in the boppy is right after eating. Milk makes a baby happy. The picture of them in their pink and blue bear outfits are the babies after a walk. Walking also makes them very happy. The one with them in the pack and play in their walking outfits made me laugh. It looked like they were saying " Mom. Mom. We can't move. Help. Get us out of these things!" There is a picture of Tucker in his full of cuteness outfit, also after eating and in his swing. The last one is Grandma Kim snuggling with Tucker.

Hmmmm. Smells like burnt quesadilla. I guess I forgot I was cooking trying to finish this before they need to eat again.

No comments:

Post a Comment