Sunday, March 21, 2010

busy week



We got the pictures back on CD from the babies photo op through my neighbor's sister. She gave us a CD and released all the photos to us. They were taken the day they turned 2 months.

This week was fun but maybe a little busy. Monday we were able to have some friends over for family home evening, the Tiners. It was really fun to have them come down and visit, but we could talk all night. Tim had to get Denise and I to stop talking.

Tuesday I decided to go spend the night at Izana's. That was really fun and a trial of traveling with the babies. It was a little exhausting, but fun to have company all day and talk to Izana. She said she didn't hear the babies at night, but I'm not so sure. The hardest part about traveling with the babies was that I felt bad if the babies were crying too much or too loud or that Izana had extra work. Extra work with kids is not something that I want to create for someone else. But it must have been ok because they asked when we want to go camping this year. Crazy. Izana will be very pregnant or with a newborn if we go this summer.

Joseph, her 4 year old is very good at taking care of the babies. He fed them, always asked before holding the babies and came asking with his hands already washed. His favorite comment was of Whitney's feet: "Your baby has such little toes!". My kids must be cute because Joseph and my visiting teacher's 5 year old daughter both said my babies were cute and kids tell the honest truth, more than we want to sometimes.

Thursday we finished the baby blessing outfits. Sister Perry is awesome!! They are so pretty and handsome. I'm very excited about the finished product.

Yesterday Jim started on his plans and pricing out how to build our garden, compost pile and mini orchard we are going to grow in the back yard. We found a gala apple tree. Now I'm worried about it growing, not dying. I don't have the best track record with plants or pruning. I know we need to prune it soon, but not sure when. Jim will google it, I'm sure

This week the plan is to get dirt and supplies for the garden. Another busy week, but I think that is life!

I admit I have been very spoiled. I asked for diapers if anyone wanted to get me a gift and I'm glad I did. This week is the first time I've had to buy diapers. Hmmmm. No wonder people say it is too expensive to raise kids. Jim looked at the costco box and said, "That will last a day". Especially with Tucker. He peed on my friend's carpet as I was changing a poop diaper and telling her about my last sunday and daylight saving time. I won't tell that story again. It reminds Tucker of his skills.

It's official. Tucker and Whitney are no longer wearing newborn sized clothes anymore!! And I finally squeezed (no. take that back. Rolled my skin into) my jeans, so now I have more clothes to wear. I celebrated by eating four cookies.

Enjoy the pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment