| Tucker put this on as a necklace and then they both started laughing hysterically and saying "Tucker is funny" |
| The end destination of our road trip |
| Tucker was certain that Rocky wanted a turn to play with Big Fish |
| Whitney finally solved the eating of the smoothie without a mess. Put the cup in the bib |
| Tucker at the restaurant (this cool restaraunt had this for them) |
| Whitney eating fondue while tucker works on the etch a sketch. Priorities. |
| Whitney snuggling |
| Whitney playing the "snowman" song |
| both playing nicely on the piano |
| Tucker waiting his turn for the potty in the morning |
| playing snuggle and reading books |
| Tucker going to bed |
| one of the parks we stopped at on the road trip |
| How is this not cute? |
| "Big Fish!" |
| A happy Daddy homecoming |
| Whitney's turn at the park |
| Whitney chowing down on fondue |
| another park on the road trip |
We went for a roadtrip yesterday. I don't know if I like road trips right now. We were only in the car for about 2 hours at a time, but here's how it went. I decided to drive so Jim would entertain the kids. His plan for entertainment is pure media. I thought I'd go bonkers. The kids and Daddy had a great time. When Aladdin started replaying on it's own, I'd had enough. We pulled over and Daddy started driving so Mommy could stop listening to kid movies. But there was a lot more screaming going on, pointed out Dad.
Whitney had a blast. She kept asking for movies. She picked out Mulan and Aladdin on her own. I think it is because they have black haired princesses on the front covers. Mommy kept asking Daddy to fast forward the scary parts and Daddy said "what scary parts?".
I've noticed that as soon as Daddy walks in the door, Whitney asks for tick tock. It's what she calls what is essentially a music video of Hickory Dickory Dock. It came out in the discussion of how many movies are ok, that Daddy taking care of kids at night goes like this: As soon as Mommy walks out the door, the kids run over to the cabinets and ask for fish (goldfish crackers). He fills up an entire sandwich baggie full of fish crackers and they all go downstairs to to jump on the mattresses while watching movies. And that's why there isn't time for bath time or brushing teeth before bed. So that's why the Mommies need to stay home with the kids. If not, there would truely be no tooth brushing, eating of other foods besides fish crackers (namely fresh produce) and the movies would run continuously. At least, that's how it would go in this particular house. And that's how you know how sick I was. I called Jim to come home to take care of the kids, not even caring that all of the above was going on..... Now that is sick.
On a much happier note, we also have been having a good laugh at all their antics, now that we have a better idea of what they are saying. Today in church when they were saying the closing prayer, Whitney started loudly saying to me," No sleepy-sleepy Mom!" She was wanting to go to nursery ASAP. Believe me, I'm right there with you, honey.
All the kids were going crazy in Sacrament meeting today. One kid turned the lights off five different times. That high council speaker was quite amazing. He didn't even flinch once. Another lady (who doesn't have any kids of her own, I might add), pounced on that kid the fifth time. Good thing. The mom needed an extra set of hands and the rest of us were using our hands to keep our kids out of trouble. But it was kind of funny to watch her fly out of her pew. She didn't look too patient or loving. I blame all of the craziness on the solar eclipse. That, of course, being in Seattle, we got a full view....... Hahahaha! Jim was all prepared with glasses and everything, but was a bit disappointed with all this cloud cover.
The other night I noticed a yellowish film forming on their teeth. I can't decide if it is the antibiotics or the fact that good bacteria is no longer in their mouth due to antibiotics. Either way it is gross. So I decided to get serious about teaching them to brush their teeth on their own, including the spitting out of the rinse water. Whitney just swallowed the water and didn't even bother swishing. Tucker got the swishing thing down, swallowed it, then leaned over the sink while opening his mouth, as if he was about to spit it out, just like Mommy, but obviously nothing came out. So I said out loud, Well I guess we'll save that for another day! So he happily climbed down saying, "another day!". Yep. another day.
More good news. Tucker has gone potty in the potty three times this week before bath. But I'm not too excited about full on potty training yet. I'm not ready.
That picture of Whitney is seriously adorable with the hose. Oh how I'd love to play with those sweet kids of yours. (Notice I didn't say how I'd love to go on a road trip with them- just play). You're doing awesome keeping up with those two!!
ReplyDeleteSo cute! They are growing up so fast! Yeah for dads because they teach us to chill once in awhile. And it sounds like you had an interesting sacrament meeting. I am so with Whitney on the fondue too!
ReplyDelete