Thursday, May 17, 2012

the words to the mother's day post

Well, it took until today to get the meds into my system enough.  I still cough a bunch if I move around too much or talk, but finally not coughing as much.  I got a little nervous about the coughing because whooping cough is going around the community.  But then I remembered I got my booster.  Whitney was quite a trooper because I think she got it as bad as I did.  We both had ear, eye and sinus infections.  Somehow Tucker didn't get sick until the eye infection.  I have no idea how that happened.  But then Whitney ended up recovering pretty well and taking care of us.  She really wanted to give Tucky his medicine.

Today was also a great day because they took a nap.  Which means I took a nap.  I feel so much better!  Imagine that!  I have no idea why today was a nap day, but I'll take it.  They both asked for "sleepy, sleepy" and I lost no time putting them in their cribs.

It was absolutely gorgeous this past week.  I was so bummed I didn't feel better, but glad at the same time that I could sit still and watch the babies play.

Some of the biggest events in this house this week were "big fish" and Tucker went potty (accidentally, I think) in the potty.  We had a big celebration, but he looked a little surprised why we were celebrating.  Hasn't done it since, but maybe in a month I'll get the guts up to potty train him.

He's been having fun being more independent.  He absolutely loved taking the trash cans out to the curb and back in.  Felt very big.  Needed some help, but that didn't bother him.  I think he is growing again.  He ate three regular cereal bowls of noodles for dinner.  Mom, how does that not remind you of S?

Tonight at dinner Daddy gave him a tortilla.  He made a fish out of it and said "swimmy, swimmy!"  Cracked us up.

Whitney likes to play "I'm hungry".  Either she or Tucker says I'm hungry and then Whitney mixes up some soup with her toys in a pot or makes a stack of bark.  Then they pretend to eat it.

Today we dumped all the toys in the tub so I could wash them after they were done with bath.  They had a blast.  Longest, quietest bath time we've had in awhile.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are alive! Being sick is not fair when you are a mom. Jacob loves to move our trashcans to the curb and back as well. Must be a boy thing. Cute fish tortilla! And Whitney being the nurse. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete