| Tucker playing with the oven mitts. He knows they need to be used to touch anything in the oven |
| Diaper boxes are always the best |
| Daddy carving the pumpkin. Whitney eating string cheese Tucky supervising |
| Hmmmm... so far, looks good! |
| And we make it look even cuter! |
| We were invited over to dinner by some friends who let Tucker and Whitney play with and take home these bowls. Who knew they were the best toys ever! Whitney made block soup |
| And a hat |
| Tucker wearing his hat while helping me with chores |
| What I should have done for costumes (the other set of twins in the ward and their big brother. yep. only 16 months apart. My life is suddenly easier |
| Another cute idea. Mom is referee (obviously), Dad is the fan and the kids are the players. |
| Before they knew how much fun they were going to have |
| Getting closer to fun with bags in hand. one is a candy corn and one is a ghost bag |
| I told Daddy that they could eat as much candy as they wanted Halloween night and the next night, then that was it. Party hardy! |
| Can't even wait to open the wrappers |
I haven't had this much fun on Halloween since I was a kid. The cutest things we liked were how much fun they had loading their bags with things. Once Whitney figured out that she could ask people for objects to put in her bag, she was totally sold. They didn't even care that it was candy. I don't think they knew. Then, on the way home, they figured out it was candy when I opened on. After that, they tried "opening" the wrappers themselves with their teeth. They now know what candy is. The day after Halloween, I went to put their trick or treat bags away and Whitney spied them. All of a sudden, she wanted to go for a "walk", grabbed her bag and went to get her socks and shoes on. I think she was wanting a repeat of the night before. We had a blast.
This week I was thinking about how a year ago I was in Illinois. I had so much fun last year. And kind of wish I had waited to come this year (although my mom isn't already up here to help get them back there) because they are so much more fun. For one, they don't sleep as much and eat more foods, not to mention all the fun stuff they do. Oh well. It was a great trip with lots of good memories and I can't believe it has been a year. They still play with the dolls my aunt gave them and love the soft blankets when in the car.
This week has seemed like more of the same. We went to the mall indoor playground, which they love. They can literally bounce off the walls. But I'm not sure I love it. 3 days after, predictibly, they are sick again, which makes for sleepless nights. Hmmmm.. But they are very cute bouncing off those playthings.
This week they had lots of fun helping me dig in the dirt, deadhead plants, put rocks in the wheelbarrow, draw on the white board (with lots of supervision), and add ingredients to receipes. It still does my heart good of how much they like to help right now. They have been getting better with each other. Since Whitney's cold, Tucker has been fairly vigilant about getting her Kleenexes. And since they have all sorts of winter clothes and rain boots on outside, they fall often. But they have started helping each other up. It's very cute and sometimes a little dangerous. Tucker still pulls Whitney's hair, but less often, and when he does, he has figured out how to say sorry.
Love Whitney's Halloween shirt. Amberly has the same one! Sounds like you all had a good Halloween.
ReplyDelete