Sunday, November 13, 2011

Whitney potty trains..... Bear!

Tucker cooking up some serious meat (puzzle pieces of farm animals)

In the box... in the box!
The cutest thing ever this week.  Whitney potty trained Bear (her stuffed bear).  I was in the bathroom washing my hands when I looked over at Whitney.  She had flipped the toilet lid up, sat Bear on the potty and held him there like I do when I put her on the toilet.  After about 30 seconds, she took Bear off the potty and put the lid down.  I really wish I had my camera for that!

One of the videos should be titled "Eddy!  Wish you were here! -Sammy and Rocky".  This week the babies have been very amused by watching the dogs eat.  So they gave them lots of opportunity with lots of dog treats.  One time Tucker was lying on the floor on his stomach, propped up on his elbows, lazily kicking his legs a bit watching the dogs eat.  Very amusing.  Whatever.  They weren't fighting or doing anything dangerous, so it let me get something done.  Although, I regretted it a bit later in the week when I went to poop scoop and there seemed to be a lot more poop to scoop this week.  Whitney is the narrator in the video.

That's another cute thing.  Is to poop scoop while the babies point out where the poop is.  Whitney is the most diligent at sticking to the task.  There is an explanation of "poop!" and then "yuck" follows repeatedly as I actually pick it up.

This week was a bit like having a newborn.  Tucker (and Whitney) had a cold.  He got up around 12 or 1 am almost every night this week.  To cry, eat crackers and just generally be awake until he was comfortable enough to sleep.  Whatever.  By Saturday I was exhausted and tired of the constant whining and just left the house.  Jim asked where I was going.  I didn't know, but just wanted to leave.  I ended up going to the library.  No screaming children that were mine there.  Hallelujah!  Thank heavens for good hubbys.

Another video is them playing with "the box"  The box is a new smoker.  Because we needed a new smoker since we haven't used the last one since the "ice fishing incident when mandy was gone for a weekend" time.  About 3 years ago.  This one is bigger and better.  Bigger and better to take up more space.  But I do have to say, it was pretty cool that the next expense was $25.  He did sell the other smoker.  Now, he can smoke a Thanksgiving turkey while I use the oven for other things.

Tucker has been practicing his cooking skills, as noted these past couple of weeks.  The video of him putting the spices in and out of the microwave was easy to get because he literally did that same activity for 1/2 hour straight.  I got the dishes done.

I got back some really cute Halloween pictures that I put on Thanksgiving postcards and will send a letter out on Christmas paper.  That way you can have my three favorite holidays in one envelope.  At least, that will be my goal for this week.  Soooo  It should be done around the first week in December.  Keep checking the mailbox!

I think I have to do a separate post for the box video.

No comments:

Post a Comment