Sunday, October 30, 2011

bear?

Tucker supervising the croissants cooking

Whitney anticipating time to eat them

Whitney loves the biggest leaves
and loves giving her leaves rides

Tucker learning to sit on his car and ride it, instead of pushing it

reading the Sunday paper before breakfast

Tucker in time out at the park

Whitney voluntarily sitting in time out while Tucker was also in time out

This week was another sick week.  Jim stayed home from church to watch the babies.  They made croissants, which Daddy was sure was a cure for colds.  The babies seemed to like it.  Tucker didn't have an appetite while he was sick.  But then he would wake up from nap or even in the middle of the night for a fish cracker snack.  For some reason fish crackers was the only thing he would eat when he got that hungry he was screaming. Whatever.  At least he is back to eating normally.

We had some gorgeous and beautiful days of sun.  Bitterly cold, but dry, nonetheless.  We went to the park and found lots of monarch butterfly catapillars everywhere.  Very exciting!  Whitney really enjoys watching them crawl.

We went to some friends for dinner tonight.  It was great because they try out toys at the other kids houses and we know what they like.  For example, the soft foam chairs in St. George.  Tonight it was the sit and spin and the stacking boxes that are also nesting boxes.  Very cool.  I didn't know Whitney would get the sit and spin thing so well.  Jim also brought up the exercise ball that the previous owners left for the babies to play with this week.  Another hit.

Tucker this week grasped the concept of sitting in time out.  Anytime he throws something down the stairs or hits Whitney or a dog, he is asked to go in time out.  And he does!  He runs over there and sits down until the timer goes off.  Not sure this method of discipline is effective....  he does not seem to be phased by time outs.

This week we frosted sugar cookies.  That meant more fun of putting ingredients in bowls for the dough and the frosting.  I gave the babies each a cookie to decorate.  boy was that a thoughtless thing to do.  I turned around and they had both devored half of their cookies before we even started frosting them.  Really.  What was I thinking??!!! 

I think a bear went through our yard on Saturday and Sunday.  Saturday night the trash cans were knocked over.  Sunday night, I heard them get knocked over around 2 am ,as I was already awake with Tucker.  But I was too scared to look out the window to see glowing eyes peering at me.  The thing that made me think it was a bear is that we have two sections of our fence that got flattened, about 6 feet long.  Pretty sure a raccoon was not the one that knocked over the can.  It looked like the animal knocked over the can, didn't like the cucumber in it, walked around and over our fence, bending it to the ground at the ground level, then walked out of our yard, flattening another fence, to get to our backyard neighbor's compost pile.  I hope they go into hibernation soon! I tried fixing the fence that day, but it bounced back as I was working in another section of the yard.  I had creeped myself out so much that when the fence sprang back to it's broken shape, I thought for one crazy second that it was the bear coming back!

And tomorrow..... Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment