Saturday, October 22, 2011

vote on your favorite fall photo

Tucker making hats

Hmmmm....  what should I do next

my daydreamer
great fall pic

grates are cool

yes they are!

and totally hysterical
We're sooooo cute!  What grandma or puppy doesn't love us?

Tucker talking about the "water down there"

Whitney checking stuff out

Whitney wasn't in the mood for this photo op, but just then a dog walked by and she smiled a tiny bit
Whitney asking to add more to the bread dough

Tucker learning the art of dish washing

This is what I see every time I go in the front door and it just makes me so happy
Whitney

Tucker

Tucker talking about the dogs

I'm big enough to reach the top rail!

I have to admit.  I wasn't looking forward to fall starting this year because I didn't feel ready for winter and all it's darkness.  But then fall hit here and I am reminded about how much I love fall.  All I have to do is walk around a local park (photo op above), go to the grocery store, go to church, go to Costco and there is color everywhere!  The color is best where the sun shines directly for at least 3 hours on a plant, so the parking lots around here are incredible.  There are these bright red plants around in the parking lots that are great.  A bunch of Whitney and Tucker's fall photo ops where done in a parking lot.  That's why you don't see much else besides them and their heads only, at that.  The rest of the picture would have been car grates.  There is also some ivy that grows everywhere off the freeways, roads and in the parks that are displaying great color.  I've always wanted to go to the east coast to see fall color, but maybe I've had a better taste of it here, so I'm not craving it as much.

Last week it took me 2 hours to upload 5 pictures on my computer.  Now I know a bit what it's like to be a contractor's wife or a mechanic's wife.  Of course the house will constantly be under construction or the car about to fall apart because why would they want to work on it at home.  That has become my computer situation.  No work-o well-o.  So I kicked Jim off of his computer and uploaded all these pics in 15 minutes.  That's more like it.

A couple of weeks ago I mentioned how I was going to start potty training Whitney.  The thing that made me decide this is that she was saying "poop" going to the bathroom and thought it was great fun to get up on the toilet.  Two weeks ago Monday night, she was saying it off and on for 10 minutes straight.  Jim thought it was cute, so he helped her to the bathroom using her potty seat, but then grew tired of her game when no results were happening.  So Whitney tried it one more time.  When Daddy didn't help her that time, she dragged the stool over to the potty, put her potty seat on the potty and was standing there trying to get up there, when Jim discovered her and her very recent poopy diaper.  Alright already!  I'll potty train you Whitney!  So we spent the next three days in intensive potty training, giving her Capri Suns and juice boxes galore so I could catch her in the act.  But then it wasn't fun anymore and she no longer said poop, but screamed if I took her to the potty as I was catching her in the act.  I gave up, exhausted.  After Christmas, maybe.  I'll think about it.  I gave up and we went to the park.  The sun was out and I wasn't about to miss that.

We also went to this huge garage sale thing and found Tucker and Whitney cute costumes for $10 total between the two of them.  Tucker is going to be a mouse and Whitney a ladybug.  Whitney already asks to wear her outfit every time she sees it hanging up in the closet.  Tucker wants nothing to do it.

They have been sick this week and taking care of each other.  They will get each other blankets.  Today Tucker ran to get a clean Kleenex for Whitney to help her with her "snork"  Whitney comes to me and says snork to get her nose cleaned too.  Whitney ran and got Tucker a toothbrush along with the one she got for herself because she knew he would feel better.

Daddy built Whitney a tent in her room.  During the potty training days I realized how much Whitney likes the corner between her crib and the wall.  So Jim put nails in the wall to have a blanket tent there.  She loves it!  We read books in there before nap time and that is so much fun right now!

So between Tucker being sick for 5 days, the rain, and Whitney potty training the week before, we haven't gotten out much except for the photo ops as above.  I took some every day pics of the babies helping me make bread and doing the dishes.  Jim did get out to go dirt biking for two days and crab season has opened in some areas, so we've had delicious crab for dinner.... after the babies go to bed!  Jim watched the babies while I went to a crafting night, which was fun.  He watched the kids while I went to church today, another relaxing event!  So life is pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment