Sunday, April 17, 2011

Oh his is why people live here!


HikingWhitney snuggled with Kristy
Our lunch and rock throwing spot
Sunday snuggles
The second waterfall that we drove to, instead of hiking to, that day
Look Ma! No shoes!
Happy Birthday Dad
Nothing like potstickers for dinner.


This week we went hiking. We meaning me, the babies and a friend. Not Jim. Apparently this kind of hiking is not high adventure enough for him. Whitney hiked 0.5 miles, while Tucker (obviously my child) "couldn't walk" and wanted to be carried only. He did finally figure out the beauty of rock throwing on the trip, though.

Whitney's first molar cut through early last week/the beginning of this week. Jim noticed first because he was playing wild with her and she threw her head back and laughed a ton. She also learned how to pull her socks and shoes off. She was talking away and being so good during a 40 min car ride and now I know why. She was gleefully learning this new skill.

Jim was in New York for two days doing a job interview this week and I was at a continuing education course in order to keep my license active and myself ready for work. That means we both had two days full days of just Mommy or just Daddy time. Except mine wasn't overnight, but then again, I didn't take the babies to church alone, so all and all it was interesting.

We ended the week celebrating Jim's birthday by going on a "cruise" I made Jim a fake passport and put a "travel itenary " inside that included a dinner buffet, a dessert buffet, one shore excursion (for example wakeboarding, done on Wii of course) and evening entertainment. I'm pretty impressed with myself of thinking it up, but then again, I expanding on an idea that a friend of mine told me they did for a wedding anniversary. I think Jim liked it, but I'm never really sure how he likes things like that. The babies liked the candles.

2 comments:

  1. Cute! You are super woman lugging around those babies on a hike. You rock! I love your idea for Jim's birthday! So creative! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea for Jim's b-day. I might need to copy that one. I love the hiking pics. Gorgeous waterfall.

    ReplyDelete