Monday, April 25, 2011

good news

First of all, Jim got a job offer and even more interviews this week. He has to respond back to the offer he got by the end of the week, but he is still shopping, just to make sure it is the best option. Pretty crazy. The offer came sooner than we thought possible AND there are multiple options!! Yeah prayer!

This week we had lots and lots of fun together, which is one of the reasons why I'm late posting (sorry mom and auntie Jill).

Before I forget. We were sitting in church a couple of weeks ago. I was letting Whitney play with the rubber band that holds her food container shut. I thought the biggest hazard was her possibly swallowing it, so I was just watching her closely when the rubber was in her mouth, not her hand. Big mistake. She launched the rubber band five pews forward, diagonal across the isle and four people in on that row and hit someone on the cheek. Right during a really spiritual talk about the sacrifice of Christ and what it means in our life. Great. So right when I was holding a laugh in (which makes it funnier of course), I'm supposed to be being reverent. Kids. Lucky for me there was a missionary leaving, so Whitney hit a 19 year old boy in the cheek. He turned around with a big grin on his face, I think expecting to see one of his buddies to have done it, only to see Whitney with a really sad face because her rubber band was suddenly gone and the mommy laughing hysterically. It always amazes me how reverent sacrament meeting is with all the kids around.

Noelle came to visit us on her spring break. It was good timing because Jim got the offer her first morning here. That way we felt like we could do things with her without feeling like we are using money that we might need later to feed the babies. The day she got here we went to the park. You'll see Whitney on the teeter totter with her in the video selection below. Tucker wasn't much into it.

The next day we did stuff around town, like look at the troll, the locks and the downtown market with all its awesome flowers. I took a pic of the flower bunch Noelle picked out and treated us to for you to enjoy also. We loved seeing the buckets and buckets of daffodils and tulips. Bright colors like that are so awesome to look at after winter gray. Whitney had so much fun she failed to take a nap in the car or the stroller, like I thought she would.

Saturday we took a ferry ride for the first time and went to the beach on the other side. Lots of the videos are at this beach and what the babies loved playing with for hours on end. After the beach we explored the island a bit and found a restaurant that gave us free steamed clams (the kitchen accidentally cooked an extra batch) with our yummy meal for a reasonable price!!

Sunday Noelle flew home before Easter dinner, so we had some friends, Kristy and Bryson, come over for dinner, an Easter egg hunt, and scripture time with what we learned in church that day. There is lots of video about easter eggs. There are a couple of videos of Whitney and Tucker trying to put together an egg. Notice how quiet it is while they were working on that skill. That is how I finished making Easter dinner while Jim was driving Noelle to the airport. They were both very intent on figuring out those eggs for about 20 minutes . Awesome! Whitney caught on to the game of finding the eggs and putting them in the basket, but Tucker figured out the treats inside quicker than Whitney.

Today Daddy was in charge of the activity for family home evening. So he decided to show the babies Veggie Tale Silly Songs on You-Tube. It was really funny for me to look in and see them looking up at the screen, fascinated, but then I decided that doesn't achieve family togetherness quite how I was envisioning it, so we danced to the Veggie Tale songs. Now THAT was fun!

Whitney has two upper molars that cut through completely last week and Tucker has 5 molars that are very white and look like they will cut through any day, all at once.

So there is all our very good news. Lots of it and we'll take it

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy for Jim's job offers. Let us know what he picks and where you'll end up with your two little sweeties. Love the troll rock pic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for job offers! Blessings! Too funny about Whitney and the rubber band in church. Go Whitney! Jacob would be proud!

    ReplyDelete