This week Daddy was showing Tucker how to dance. I have the videos posted in order so you can see Tucker's dance move progression. He's almost got the hands and feet going at the same time.
I thought I would have photos of Whitney's adventures with Daddy in Utah this week, but Daddy was too busy taking care of Whitney to take cute pics of her. I think I mentioned that she made friends with the lady next to her on the way there, sleeping on her lap the whole way. So not fair. On the way back, they happened to have the two seats next to them open, so she spent a whole lot of time crawling around. She was nice and tired when we picked them up at 10 pm that night. But of course, no sleeping in the next day. That is against baby rules. All in all she loved eating all sorts of different foods, getting lots of one on one attention, snuggling with Daddy at night instead of being in a crib, and visiting cousins and friends. But as with all trips so far, she came home with something. I think it's from being in airports. My hands always feel dirty after being in the airport and since she licks those often, guess what. Sickness.
I've decided that having sick babies is THE WORST. It makes me grumpy because they aren't sleeping at night really well, they are grumpy during the day, Tucker does his gag/snot thing all day and night, Whitney gets her close to too high fevers and I get sick because with all that added crying I feel I definitely deserve to make and eat the WHOLE batch of choco chip cookies (originally intended for Jim) for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Definitely lots of wholesome, vitamin C goodness.
There is this commercial I saw once (I think it is for Dayquil) that shows this guy on his side on the couch with lots of used Kleenexes on the table in front of him. He is saying to his wife "I can't reach the remote!" She hands him a package of Dayquil instead and the voice says "tough enough for even the man-cold". At first I thought it was yet another way the media demeans men, but now I have to laugh at it, because, to a point, the commercial is true.
Here's how colds go around here. The babies both get sick within 2 days of each other. Never at the same time because that would make the sleepless night thing too short for parents. Then Mom starts feeling rotten, but never enough to be on bedrest, just enough to be really grumpy. Then, just as the babies start getting better, Jim gets sick and whiny for a good week, often getting sinus infections and such. (by the way, we had a discussion once about how we would have died if we lived in the old days. His was that he would have died from a sinus infection or the cold. I would have died from an ear infection). Whitney and I feel miserable and just sit around a bunch due to lack of energy. If we are really in pain, we cry. Tucker and Daddy whine a lot more and Tucker always does this gag/throw up thing that forces me to do more laundry than I have energy for. Blah. But being an "experienced" Whitney and Tucker parent at this point, at least I know what is coming and going and it is much less of an issue than the first time it happened and do stuff anyway.
Like finish the bathroom. I go to the bathroom in the kids bathroom all the time now because looking at those freshly painted walls makes me so happy for some reason. All I did was paint and I love it.
Jim has some promising face to face interviews after having phone interviews this coming week. He's looking forward to working for some of these companies and I'm looking forward to him working again! If not, I'm ready to start looking for work. Jim will have had the babies for three Saturdays in a row after next saturday for almost all the day or most the day. He does a great job with them, knowing their needs and playing with them and a good, energizing break for Mom to get stuff done. I'm not sure if it is motivating Jim to look for work more (even though he is already very motivated) or less motivating because he doesn't get to be with them off and on during the day when he goes back to work
Even with all this sickness, Jim watched the babies while I did yard work today. While I was harvesting my dandelion crop, I had lots of time to think about how relatively happy the babies stay through all this. Even when they don't feel well they snuggle during the day. Today Whitney and I had a growling contest. Pretty fun to be a family, even in the crazy, grumpy times.
The last two videos are of Whitney with her new ball the neighbor gave her and the babies dancing on the step stool. Look at the size difference!
They are growing so much! So cute!!! I am sorry you all have felt so miserable. Get better! But I am glad you can see the good in all this job craziness, Jim being able to have time with the babies and such. Good luck and keep us posted!
ReplyDelete