Saturday, March 5, 2011

slides are it

I've noticed that I've gone from photos to video a lot. It's hard to capture them on the move in a still life form. Here's a great still life, though.

Check out this little kid see-saw! Whitney is looking mournfully at the swings.

Just a little perspective of the height of the slide that Whitney likes.


We went to the playground as a family today. Whitney loves slides. We can't decide if Tucker really likes playgrounds as he was too involved people watching to really get much into any climbing or sliding. But he definitely did not like swinging very high.

This was all between nose wiping, of course. As you know from the last blog we had some sick babies last week and the rest of the week was spend mostly resting and getting better. But we did have some fun in the sun on the in between. There's a video of them eating. Tucker is amazingly skilled at using a spork. Maybe I'm just amazed at it because I'm his mom and just two weeks ago he was barely learning to walk, so how could he get to be an even bigger kid by using utensils. But Whitney keeps it all in check. She isn't much interested in utensils as noted on the video. I think she wants to be a dog when she grows up. I'm not so certain she's said her first word, but a couple of times we swear she is saying dog on purpose (or something similar). She also has discovered she likes her peas better after they've been on the ground for a few minutes after she throws them off the tray. Not my favorite new skill of hers. We did catch her babbeling on video this week. Only parents and grandparents might like this video, so any others can skip it.

I think my favorite part of today, besides hearing the babies laugh of course, is feeling the warmth of sunshine and showing Whitney the crocuses. Spring is on its way. I think.

1 comment:

  1. Cute pics! Glad they are on the mend. I love how they are so different, Whitney loving the slides and swings and Tucker more cautious. Sooo adorable! And yeah for Spring!!!!!

    ReplyDelete