Sunday, May 23, 2010

Doggies- 1, Whitney/Tucker- 0










It happened. The first show down of dogs vs kids in equipment. I found a chewed up bottle. I must have left it on the floor in Jim's office one night. Part of it was on the floor in the house and other part outside in the lawn. So far the babies haven't touched the dog toys, chew flips, food or water. Watch out dogs when they start moving. I thought the dogs weren't interested in formula, but apparently they are. Rocky is more interested in baby spit up. He'll lap that right up, just like he will occasionally eat poop. Rocky is so gross!!

Whitney is getting much better at grabbing at toys and playing with them. It is so fun to watch her spot a toy, figure out how to get her hand to touch it and pull it toward her mouth. Tucker is somewhat interested, but not really. He's more interested in people. Whitney bites her lips. It is kind of weird to see your kid mimic a habit you have. Whitney has also learned to to rotate on her back 90 degrees. Getting closer to moving on her own. She helped me sew this week, too. I had her in the front pack when I started sewing their crib sheets. It didn't last too long. She was more interested in watching me iron than sew, but either way, she was quiet for a while so I could get started on that.

Tucker does something I call baby penguin. When he is on his stomach, unless I put his arms in front of him, he lifts just his head and leaves his arms at his side. It is so cute!! Tucker went to Young Men's for the first time this week. The 16 and 17 year olds came over to our house. For their high adventure scouting activity this summer, they are going to build a house for a family whose mom died. To practice, they are building our shed as much as they get done before they leave in two weeks. Jim strapped Tucker to his back while he was out helping with the young men. Tucker didn't like the saw. He cried every time it turned on, but other than that, he was pretty happy.

There was a water main break up a few streets from us this week. There were a bunch of city workers out there with trucks, mud, etc, all looking down a hole while one guy workedf. I now know where they learn this. In Scouts. That's what it looked like to me when the Scouts were building the shed. One Scout was working while the rest "supervised". Cracks me up.

This week will be an interesting week. I will be covering a four hour shift for a co-worker, meaning I will be leaving the babies the longest I have left them so far. I have a friend watching them. Jim will be gone a night this week for work and then again on the weekend to get some leadership training for the Scout trip down the Colorado River in two weeks. I have a friend coming to visit during this time, so it will make it more fun, but still crazy.

I spent the week trying to figure out naps and scheduling. It went much better. I listened to my mom, not the doctor.

There is a picture of Whitney and Tucker in their bumbo chairs, Whitney in the bounce swing, Whitney and Tucker during tummy time, Tucker smiling in Mommy's arms after eating, me with both of them attached to me dusting the house (that was dumb. It gave me a headache the rest of the day), Whitney smiling at Daddy, Tucker in the bath, Whitney "going to sleep" with Daddy (she looks REAL tired, doesn't she) and Whitney in the backpack smiling at Daddy. We've been trying to capture Whitney's awesome smile, but she always focuses so intently to figure out the camera, that the smile disappears.

The video should be of Whitney in the bounce swing. Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. We loved going to the park, and watching the babes while you worked Ambelry is going to miss "tuckers". We will miss you while you are gone in California. Be safe and hope to see you all when you get back.

    ReplyDelete