I have it on good authority that grandparents aren't so interested in their kids as they are in their grandkids:) A lot of what I will put on here is related to me, so anyone that isn't interested in that, I'll put the baby news first.
Tucker and Whitney are starting to acknowledge each other. Before when I would face them toward each other, they would look anywhere but at each other. Jim used to say "They saw each other in the womb so they must be bored of looking at each other. ANYTHING is more interesting. Oh yeah. It was dark in there, huh". Now they look at each other and, on occasion, talk and smile at each other. I haven't got a video of that because my hands are usually full then.
Sunday is their favorite day. They don't sleep most of the day because they are so excited. Church is exciting because they get one on one attention from us and lots of other people that say the babies are the cutest babies they've seen. That's because they are not big enough to run around and yell yet. Just yell. Tucker especially loves Relief Society. He really smiles. One time he screamed all during Sunday school, so Jim took him out in the hall. Finally Jim had to go to Young Men's so I brought Tucker into Relief Society. That was a hit. Tucker smiled and cooed the rest of the time. He knows women will pay attention to him if he's cute. Learning young. Sunday afternoon is also pleasant because we can still spend one on one time with them since it's Sunday and we are not trying to get things done. They love it!
Yesterday I woke up to two cards, one addressed to Mom from Tucker and one addressed to Mommy from Whitney. Whitney's had a sticker in it that I wore to church. If anyone thought it was cheesy that I was wearing a sticker from babies that don't go shopping, they didn't say anything and I didn't care. It was my first mother's day. I've been looking forward to it for a long time. And the talks in church about great mothers didn't make me feel guilty because I wasn't doing it right. Mostly because I didn't hear much with all the playing with Whitney and Tucker to keep them from being grumpy. It was also very cute. I put a tie on Tucker for church. I looked over and saw Jim and Tucker in their ties, both with yellow background. So heartwarming!
Tucker and I went grocery shopping together this week for the first time. Both babies were kind of grumpy from not sleeping well that day, so Jim took one instead of both like he normally does when I go grocery shopping. It worked well. I put Tucker in the front pack. He was very amused with all the stuff to look at. And he charmed some more grandmas in the store too, while he was at it. The next time I went shopping, I had to get a mattress for Whitney's crib that we set up this week. Whitney liked shopping with Mommy too, but I left her in the car seat because it was cold that day. She slept. Apparently mattress shopping is not as exciting as grocery shopping.
I finally have both cribs set up in their room and decided on how to decorate the nursery. Now that they will be four months on Wednesday. I got gingham purple and medium green to make crib sheets. I'm going to look for stencils at roberts to paint frogs, lily pads and purple dragonflies as a border at the top of the wall. It will match, look good with the yellow paint already on the wall, but they will have a boy and a girl bed, not gender neutral.
I joined Jim in the thirty-something catagory on Friday. Jim made me a delicious seafood dinner, bought me strawberry plants, and we watched a movie continuously, start to finish, together. Jim also took care of the babies all night as a birthday and mother's day gift so I could sleep for 8 hours in a row. It was heaven!!
The garden is finished. We worked together as a family on Saturday to finish the planting. We have all the fixings for pico de gallo and stir fry for the summer. I can't wait!! I also have the best view from my garden of the mountains and the lake. Sammy and Rocky supervised us from the top of the stairs. Rocky was lying in the sun with his head hanging over the top step watching us and Sammy had his usually sheep herding pose as we worked.
Wednesday the babies and I went to Thanksgiving point to look at the tulips. They had a tulip festival there last week, but since it was snowing last week, this week the tulips were perfect. My walking buddy (note: it is not a running buddy at this time due to a double stroller being plenty of a work out going uphill) brought me there as she has a family pass and can get me in for half price. And then she ended up paying for me as a birthday present. It was absolutely gorgeous. It was as big as Disneyland, but all tulip beds. The babies were awake the whole time looking at all the bright tulips waving in the wind. We were there for an hour and a half during nap time!! I thought they would sleep in the stroller like they do when we go walking, but no. Especially not Tucker. He wanted to be held, or he would cry. Next time I'll bring my front pack. You'll note that there is not a single picture with a tulip in it on this blog. Lame! I brought my camera and the babies were cute, but I left the camera card in the computer. Very disappointing.
There are two pictures of Tucker with Daddy. One is relaxing with Daddy on Sunday afternoon. The other one is helping daddy fix the printer. I guess sitting on something to make it work helps more than hitting or kicking the device.
There are two pictures of Whitney. She is wearing these really cute shoes that a friend of mine made and she has a onsie on underneath that my old neighbor embroidered the saying "my mommy is a physical therapist".
There are two pictures of Whitney with her knit cap on. She was being so cute helping me finish weeding the flower beds while playing in her car seat.
There is a picture of Whitney in her pj's in bed, waiting mother's day morning to get dressed for church. There is a picture of Tucker in his Bumbo chair watching mommy get ready for church. (Tucker is the baby alarm for eating as well as starting the day at 7 am. Whitney starts her day around 8 am). The last picture is of all of us watching Jim make mother's day dinner. Tucker is hamming it up like he does in Relief society.
Watch for their four month pictures (four months on Wednesday) next week. Also, they go to the doctor to get their four month shots on Tuesday. So sad! We'll see how much they've grown!
No comments:
Post a Comment