This week Jim went to L.A. for work for two nights, but didn't make it in time for the Scout training thing, so I only had the babies by myself for three nights. The third night was because Jim was working to prep for his work trip. Trust me, I was plenty bitter about that one, especially since I thought he was going to be gone for another two nights this week, making it 5 nights of doing bathtime/bedtime by myself. We made it, though. And I only did 3 nights by myself.
The big event this week was keeping our garden alive through the snow storms. One morning the snow level dropped to our house, but the other night, it was just really cold. The garden lived!! The strawberries have some leaves that are brown on the edge, but that's about it.
I was told by the nurse that comes to check the babies that they should be sleeping through the night. After more discussion, I've decided (again) that I need to not worry about the "normal" baby, whoever that may be, because I feel like I'm not being a good enough mommy if my kids are not doing that. Plus, I've discovered that most kids don't fit into the "normal" baby pattern that the health care workers keep giving me. As soon as I stopped worrying about it, the babies slept 8 hours in a row. So very lovely!
Whitney continues to be cute talking up a storm and playing with toys. It is so fun for me to dangle a toy in front of her and watch her concentrate and figure out how to work her hands and arms to get the toy in her mouth. Too bad she is camera shy. She always stops being cute as soon as we get the camera out. She was being very irreverent in Sunday School today, talking VERY LOUDLY. I guess she had a lot of comments, but the teacher wasn't calling on her. I got a few smiles, but then I got a look, so I took her out to join her brother that was screaming during Sunday School. I guess he is like Dad in that he doesn't like Sunday School much.
Tucker is discovering his tongue or his hand. Can't decide which, but most of his pics and positions this week was with his hand in his mouth. I only posted two.
I did well with work. I was worried I wouldn't be able to concentrate or remember how to be a therapist, but either the patient load was easy, or I remember much better than I thought. I'm much less worried about starting back more consistently in July.
We went to the park this week to enjoy the sun. It wasn't exactly warm, but I've decided since it is the end of May we should be good to enjoy great weather. One picture is of Tucker and Whitney in the stroller at the park by our old house. The other baby is the daughter of the lady that watched them when I was at work this week. The daughter took good care of Whitney, giving her a blanket and everything when Whitney was sad. There is a video of Tucker laughing. That was when we were at the park near our current house with some friends. The other picture is of the saved garden under tarps. There are other pictures of them just being plain cute. The first one is Whitney lounging with Daddy (instead of taking a nap) on Sunday afternoon while he talks with her Grandpa Anderson.
I'll be out in California in one week. Can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment