 |
| we didn't get far before we found tulips we liked |
 |
| W by some of her favorites |
 |
| E about to smell (not pick) a tulip. I never did quite get a pic of him smelling one |
 |
| Grandma with the boys |
 |
| Some of my favorites |
 |
| T liked how big and pretty these were |
 |
| Grandma and the boys |
 |
| Some of my favorites from the side |
 |
| The tulip field we visited |
 |
| E in Grandma's arms |
 |
| 3 generations |
 |
| The tulip field we should have visited. We found these after the other |
 |
| Proof we were all together, although no one really wanted to be taking pics |
 |
| One of my favorite pics |
 |
| T liked the red, white and orange ones |
 |
| T asked for a brothers pic, but baby brother didn't want one of those |
 |
| Grandma and the boys |
 |
| The specks in the field are my kids running free. These was their favorite part of the visit |
 |
| As soon as we got to the beach, T laid down to bask in the sun and feel the sand |
 |
| W and E were trying to bounce on this huge stick stuck in the ground |
 |
| E copying T's idea of basking in the sund |
 |
| E stacking rocks on a log |
 |
| W made two of these. She re-created the beach scene right around our towel |
 |
| W looking at her creation, making sure it was complete |
 |
| On our hike. W loved these flowers |
 |
| "Kitty" taking a break from pulling the dolley |
 |
| T maneuvering the dolly through the gate. W giving some direction |
 |
| He had to back up a bit |
 |
| And then he was through |
 |
| T on the trail. His I didn't mean to be funny face, but I am. |
 |
| Hiking together |
 |
| Playing at the sand box on chicken day |
 |
| Playing on the tractor at the park. They all thought it looked more like a train |
 |
| E during our car picnic at the rulip fields |
 |
| fondue night with papa |
 |
| E using his watering can the first time |
 |
| Playing with Grandma. E could see her eyeball |
 |
| Playing with grandma at the beach |
We took my mom to the tulip fields and the beach. It was fabulous. 60 degrees and sunny with very little wind.
We had some one liners from the trip. We were passing a lumber mill when T said, in all seriousness: "Mom! They did the same thing that we did at our house. They bashed down their shed and made log piles". We did. We knocked down the shed (serious mold and spider trap) and moved the wood that was piled along side it away from the shed.
E was getting in the car just before we made our trip home. We ate a few meals in the car previous to that. E found a cranberry and a peanut in his seat. He looked at it and said "Hmm. A snack". And promptly put it in his mouth.
E cracks us up. He kept saying over and over, "Grandma. Basking in the sun". Seriously. His ability to mimic so perfectly what we do is hysterical. He was putting sand on my mom and kept saying "bad baby" just like T and W do when he is doing something he isn't supposed to.
I decided that we were going on a hike. This was a dictator type decision. I was the only one that wanted to go. The natives were protesting. My mom (the dictator that I learned from) wanted to go, but everyone had a comment. The only way T was going on a hike was with the furniture dolly. Seriously??!!
I did say yes to the dolly because I knew it would wear him out, had good wheels, the trails we were going on were wide and graveled. Except that one part of the trail. It was a real trail. I had forgotten about that. Lots of large river rocks and tree roots he had to pull it over. He got really tired on that part. He commented that he didn't like it bouncing around so much.
Every single hiker we came across had a big smile on their face after passing T. I think he cheered up the whole forest of people, including us. He did pull it fairly continuously for 1.5 hours, however many miles that is. I tried pulling him on it during a hard part, but he didn't like it. I'm guessing it was not comfortable to ride on. Another time I said I would pull it but wouldn't let him do it again so he took it right back. He needed to be the one to take rest breaks but he did it.
A few other hikers comments, with huge smiles along with the comments were "Couldn't afford a real wagon?" "Is he with you? (big laugh)", "Doing some trail work today, huh?" and "Oh look! It is the family with the dolly." My mom commented to T that "I bet this is the first time this dolly has been on a hike. I bet he has never been on a hike. This is a first time adventure". She didn't think I was serious about putting it in the car and then getting it out when we got there.
T got us started laughing before we even left. He ran ahead to the trailhead signs and started reading off all the no signs. "This one says no shooting your arrows. This one says no putting sticks around. This one says no driving cars in here. No riding your bike." At the other end of the trail, there was a gate that prevents horses and bikes. T read those one too. "No horses. No hiking sticks. No bikes. Mom! Is there one that says no dollies?" That one came right around the time he was trying to maneuver the dolly through the fence. No, T. I think they left that off the list. As we walked away he said "That sign said no hiking sticks. Good thing I didn't bring my hiking sticks". ??!! All of T's comments were said in complete earnestness and total straight face. He meant it. My mom and I, however, were busting up most of the time.
What were E and W doing this whole time? The first mile E wanted to walk all by himself. Of course. While he was walking he told us "Don't pick the flowers". When T went out of sight he would yell "Too far T. Come back!" He also learned the word exercise and practiced saying it in three syllables. And while he rode on my back, he sang to us Hickory Dickory Doc.
W was talking fairly non stop about the flora, how beautiful it all was, how she liked the trees swaying (we got caught in some moderate rain the last half of the hike) in the wind, the beautiful stream, etc.
My mom walked really fast back to the car. It might have been raining fairly hard. I had told her not to bring her umbrella because if it rained her hood and jacket would be enough. Mostly right. Plus. Umbrella=not from pacific northwest. And her umbrella is bright pink.
I think they did enjoy it once they got out and hiking. That's what all dictators say.
No comments:
Post a Comment