Thursday, January 29, 2015

Happy New Year!

Wow!  I had no idea my kids are completely capable of staying up until midnight.  I guess I thought they couldn't do it because I can't do it.  I completely fell asleep much much much earlier than midnight. 

I had told them earlier in the day how New Year's is celebrated.  Eat all sorts of yummy food, bang pots at midnight and stay up playing games and watching movies.  Boy were they excited!  And they totally did it.  Not E.  I put him to bed right before I fell asleep.  But really!!  And what were they doing while Papa was in charge?  Watching Dora movies.  Dora movies are apparently very exciting.  The next day was torture because everyone was grumpy, but to be expected. 

T had his first talk in church.  We practiced in family home evening.  On Sunday during sacrament meeting he asked when it was his turn to go up and give his talk in front of the kids.  He did a very nice job.  He knows to speak into the microphone and the right speed.  W was a little sad because she didn't get to hear it.  Someone in her class said they had to go potty so the teacher brought them all except T and she was gone, but no worries.  Mommy heard it!

E had his first day of nursery the same day T had his first talk.  He didn't like it.  Poor kid!  And to make matters worse, he had cut his sucking finger and couldn't even suck his finger to help himself feel better.

About his finger.  Man.  E is one tough kid.  When he first cut it, he didn't even cry.  The only reason I knew he cut it is that he started bleeding.  Good thing I was standing right there!  I tried washing it to see where it was but he didn't really want me prying his hands open, so finally I wrapped a cloth around it to get it to stop bleeding.  We watched movies for 10 minutes and then I pulled the cloth off.  It started bleeding again, so I just got a really big bandaid that had cloth part all the way around his finger so no tape would be stuck to the wound and held it for another 10 minutes until it seemed to stop bleeding.  Then he wanted to suck on it, so I put two more bandaids on top so he couldn't fit it in his mouth.

No more blood oozed out for the rest of the day so I thought we were good.  But that thing was nasty from the day, so I tried changing it and found it was still bleeding when I tried to take the bandaid off.  Hmmmmm.  We went to InstaCare and waited around forever.

But it was worth it.  After 2.5 hours we were seen.  They snipped off the flap of finger and cauterized it with silver nitrate.  he had done a good job, but no serious damage.  He only cried when they put the silver nitrate on.  And they were not too gentle about washing it and taking the bandage off.  They were trying to work fast.  Now he has a small hole in his finger that is healing nicely.  We got a video of him saying bandaid ouch.

All day, off and on, usually when he wanted to suck his finger, he would look at it and say "Bandaid ouch"  but that is it.  He wasn't in any more distress than usual except for not using that hand.  Oh!  This mama felt so sad when I finally saw how deep it was.

W is so kind to her siblings.  It amazes me how much she notices and then cares for them.  T was asking for ketchup and right away said "I'll get it for you T!" and ran to the fridge.  She also collected a whole bunch of E's favorite toys to play with while I was getting ready to keep him happiest. 



'Chef' making gumbo with papa after our snow trip

taking notes from the pro

Cute E at the park

W was taking good care of E.  She got one of his favorite toys, plus his blanket, and was giving him rides in his box up and down the hallway

Playing ponies with E.  She used tissue paper to make beds and blankets for the ponies

W and T used J's clothing stack as a pony playground and pony caves during their pony play time

So J started ponie wars.  While W was sleeping, he arranged the ponies in her room.  when she woke up this is what she found

E really likes to turn the pages of the scriptures.  He likes the sound I think.  Amazingly he hasn't ripped any pages
We took T to the model train festival.  He is E riding in style
 
E/Mommy time at the open gym while the big kids are in school.  He loves it here!!He goes from one big toy to the next with such glee

W and T informed me that they were basking in the sun.  There wasn't any sun because the sun had already set, but there was blue sky.  Really cold, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment