I asked W what her favorite part of the day was and she said playing at the park. But she wasn't too happy about keeping her shoes on the whole time.
T said his favorite part of the day was playing trains at Tai's house.
They also mentioned snack at learning box school of bread pizza. I guess Tai's mom spreads pizza sauce and lets them put on cheese. They get very excited about that snack. They told me about it both times.
A woodpecker totally ran into our window and knocked himself out. I thought he was dead and was going to remove him, but the kids noticed he started to come to. It took him about 20 minutes to get his bearings but he did revive and took off as soon as he was able. We were in a semi circle around him admiring him. E really wanted a touch, but no. Mean mama.
I told T and W today was the day we were going to decorate for Halloween. They thought that meant that Halloween was tonight. Oh dear. So we have had about 10 discussions about when is going to be. The count down has started.
I think some of my favorite decorations this year include a web by the front door. Everyone helped create it together. It is so festive feeling. And the spider hanging above the kids' toilet. It falls about 6 inches above their head. They think it is funny. I did a lot of explaining about how they can't pull on it and the toilet lid always has to be down. Otherwise Papa will not think this is a funny decoration at all. It is definitely a big enough spider to clog the toilet.
We went to the fish hatchery, got apples fresh from an orchard and looked at the stars and the moon all in one day. It was so much fun. I can watch those salmon jump for hours. It really helped that it was actually sunny.
T and W are mad that I hid their flip flops and summer clothes. They keep insisting it is warm. It isn't. I keep telling them that there are cold days that are also sunny. They don't believe me. Impossible.
T's favorite activity during a mommy time is checking a car for shocks. He discovered this with his toy cars. The cars from Chevoron with the eyes bounce up and down. So he went to check all his other toy cars. His die cast chevy Tahoe does not. Mommy's car does. E's plastic bike does not. He already knows that Papa's car has shocks because he noticed them, bright blue, below the truck.
To prep for General conference we set up the tent. Watching conference was a little too fun and exciting last year, so this year I told them they could sleep in the tent in the house the two nights of General conference. T was so excited he couldn't wait to sleep. Which means he didn't sleep at all. It was pretty cool though, that it hasn't been cloudy and the moon was shining in the window and on the tent. Almost like outside. They loved the pumpkin lights on while in the tent. T put Pez in the hammock (pocket) of the tent.
We went to a fire house open house together. This year it was really fun. Or it was the fireman that was there helping. He got out the jaws of life and showed him how it works, as well as the thermosensor. Ummmm, how cool is that. They also set oil on fire on a stove and showed what happens when the oil gets close to the end of burning. It was very exciting. They had CPR dolls and I showed them what I was doing at my CPR course last weekend. But when I asked them what the favorite part of the day for them was, they said the park.
| spider web and orange light ready |
| pumpkin lights and tent |
| spider above toilet |
| E sniffing dahlia |
| E checking on garden |
| T and W next to him in fire truck |
| plugging ears when alarm sounding |
| T was not shy answering questions of the fire fighters and trying out how stuff worked |
| T looks pro already. All that watering of the garden and washing the car. This is easy |
| The awesomest playground ever Almost as good as the dennis the mennis park |
| Zip line too??!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment