I don't think I blog as much about E as I did about W and T when they were his same age. I'm sure my sister would agree and feel much empathy for E. So here is a good start on the stuff he does.
He climbs up AND down stairs. The up part is easy and he has been doing that for a good three months, but he decided to learn to go down stairs, too. He is actually pretty safe doing it. It still scares me because I'm certain he hasn't got it and will totally fall, so I'm always close to him, but so far, no falling even with spotting.
He likes to throw stuff behind his head. This makes me laugh. I don't remember the other two doing it. When we were at the beach, he was throwing rocks and shells behind his head at a rapid pace, so much so, when I picked him up, his shirt had a few large rocks in them. He lifts stuff up and bends his arm so he looks like he is about to put something down the back of his shirt and drops it. Hard to describe how funny it looks. But I don't laugh when he does it with his food.
He loves food. Not baby food. Real food. I can't believe this kid and the food he eats. He stopped nursing two months ago. I thought he didn't like bottles and hadn't quite grasped a sippy cup, but I have discovered this week that it is because formula is the most disgusting stuff. It must taste how it smells. He was only drinking enough to not get dehydrated. But this week, I could finally give him cow milk. He chugged a sippy cup and a half in one meal. No problems with the sippy cup, just problems with what is in it.
He loves to throw food off his tray if he doesn't like how it is served, if he is full or just plain doesn't like it. Here are some examples. He throws bread off the side, one piece at a time, if it is broken into bite sized pieces. But he will eat the bread if it is in long slices. His skill he likes to practice is to bite bread pieces off. He likes large sized pieces of food. This makes his mother nervous as she mentally reviews the Heimlech maneuver for babies at each meal for fear he is going to choke, but no. He doesn't choke. But he chews in a funny manner. "like an old man" states his father as he bites into a one inch cube of watermelon and mashes it with his gums. Silly. He doesn't have chewing teeth, but this doesn't prevent his practicing. Sigh. Have I mentioned I have this one grey hair now?
He is certain that anything off the table is for eating and anything fed separate to him must be nasty baby food. So if I want him to eat anything that we are not eating, then i have to feed him before we set the table. And, he can't see watermelon, peaches or manderins unless he is done eating all the other stuff because once he sees it, all he wants is that. Last night he had corn cut off the cob, little bits of ribs off Papa's plate, collard greens cooked and bread. He made these faces at the bits of meat. The spice of the BBQ sauce is too much for him, but he eats it anyway. That is so maniac, as T would say! It is inherited, though. I remember my Auntie Jill saying Taylor didn't like baby food either. Now I know what she means.
I think E is fairly certain he is the same size as his siblings and therefore can do the same stuff as them. He loves to crawl in the rhody bush. The other day he tried balancing on the same logs as W. He crawled into the ocean water to follow T. Good grief. That water is cold! Can't you see your mama doesn't want to go in!!??
T told someone that T likes to eat cheerioes, bread, sticks, pinecones and rocks. It is true. He puts all those things in his mouth.
W loves to cheer him up and make him laugh by playing peekaboo and blowing dandelion seeds into his face.
T loves to go get his portable fuzzy (pronounced fortable fuzzy by T)
E loves to pick flowers and rip them to shreds.
He knows the concept of facetime. He puts his face to the phone and smiles when he hears Grandma's voice, even if we are just on the phone, not doing facetime.
T invented Ian the clam with the bins. Pretty creative. Then Ian gave me "deliveries" for me to taste. Chalk shaped into animals that were "cookies" for me. They tasted delicious.
We went to the saltwater as a family. We had a fabulous time feeling warm sun and air. T and Papa floated wood pieces in the water and called them boats. When they would throw them too far in, they would throw rocks at them to get them to come closer. Or wade in to get them back out. W was pretty proud of herself saving one of these wooden boats with her foot.
W found a stick covered in barnacles. She was swinging it around in play and accidently smacked T in the nose. Really well. The barnacles scratched his face and he got a bloody nose that filled two Kleenexes in a few minutes. He screamed pretty loud in pain, but as soon as the pain was over he told me "It will heal. W is still a kind girl" He said that over and over to me with such forgiveness and compassion.
 |
| Both of them playing dress up. I had to laugh that T went and put on his church shoes to play with his sister. He also asked if he could go to the store as above, just take his skirt off when he went in the store. Ok... |
 |
| E practicing stairs. This is funny |
 |
| Papa fixed Fiery Flynn!! He was broken a few very sad days |
 |
| W in her very favorite summer dress. First one picked after I do laundry. next to purple flowers |
 |
| Waiting patiently for food. Portable fuzzy was not sufficient in this case so his sister went and got the real deal for him |
 |
| Ian the clam |
 |
| Really cute E pic |
 |
| All those things are catepillars. The catepillars were hard not to kill walking around at this park. The entire rail was covered in them like a caterpillar highway |
 |
| Why they were on top of this pole is beyond me |
 |
| E eating a banana in the stroller at the ramp park watching them ride their bikes. T almost smashed a caterpillar, but stopped fast so he wouldn't kill them |
 |
| At the beach. This is when it is lovely to live here |
 |
| E climbed up on this log himself |
 |
No pics of T and Papa.
That is them way off in the distance. J is bending over to retrieve a boat that floated farther than T wanted to wade out. They did this for about 4 hours |
 |
| Papa brought up some water for E to play in. W and E made soup together |
 |
| Hi my happy baby |
 |
| E totally can crawl over these logs. Proof |
 |
| W found hermit crab shells and put them on sticks to decorate the log. This one is about the size of my thumb |
 |
| E looking too much like T at an older age and pleased with his climbing in the tree fort skills. He already likes to bounce on the branches |
No comments:
Post a Comment