Sunday, June 1, 2014

Happy spring

T and W went to another bday party.  I think they have 4 friends that have birthdays in April, plus family that have bdays in April.  It has been lots of bday.  I think it showed a bit.  At the last bday party, one of the games was an egg hunt in the grass.  W filled her bag as fast as possible, but T just took four.  Because he was four and that was enough.  He also declined the cake because he was full.  Definitely too much bday. 

E took his first step on May 2.  He is a long way from walking, but on his way.  He also figured out how to scoot backward to get off of a step.  He figured it out at the park on the little slide.  He was trying to crawl up a slide and slide down, but once he figured out he could get off of it himself, he was very proud of himself and practiced over and over.

W made a book today.  It was about our family.  The first page she drew what we were wearing today.  Except she left papa's crutches out of the picture and told me it was a picture of him a long time ago, before he walked with crutches.  She was wearing her polka dot dress and E was wearing stripes.

T painted pictures of my engine and the exhaust pipe.

I got a great pic of E pushing around the mop bucket.  It was the first time he pushed it.  He beelined for it as soon as T left for school today.  But the card wasn't in the camera!! So I have no proof.

At joy school they were asked to show something they were good at.  W decided to paint a picture.  I asked T what he was good at and he said folding clothes.  I asked if he wanted to put together the train he figured out how to make out of legos for his friends.  No.  Just wanted to fold clothes.  The mom that came to drive them today asked me in all seriousness:  "What kind of house are you running?  They only know how to do chores??!!"  He does pay attention to cleanliness.

T can safely carrying E.  It always makes me a bit nervous because T is only twice as big, but he is very soft in picking him up and setting him down.  He usually does it to bring E away from one of his toys.  But it still freaks me out a bunch.

T loves mechanics.  It was very apparent to me again.  He asked J to look at his engine.  J opened the hood and T had this look of pure content.  He just wanted to stare all night.  J explained the names of a few parts and a simple explanation of how the wires light the headlights.  T loved it.  He explained it all again to W. W wasn't too impressed, but T was in love with that engine.  Ok.  Uncle R and Grandpa.  Time to get under the hood and teach him the words to stuff I don't know.

E loves to crawl with something slick in his right hand.  I have no idea why.  It speeds up his crawling, but he pushed books around lots.  He also likes to use chairs as walkers.

E popped the cap off toilet screws.  I commented that "e discovered the toilet caps"  Now T comments every time we go into public restrooms that "look mom!  Someone discovered all these caps in here"  Every time we go in a public restroom.

W went on a walk with me one day.  She talked my ear off because T stayed home with Papa.  He didn't want to go on a walk, he wanted to ride his bike.  But he didn't want to go where I was going because it took too long and "Mommy took my bike away because I wasn't looking straight all the time"  T drives in the direction he is looking.  Never mind it might be into the road.

On this walk W noticed the grass on the side of the road.  Obviously no one was cutting it, but she didn't recognize it as grass because ours is cut.  So I told her it was grass and she said.  "Hmm.  Maybe we should let our grass grow as high as it can and see how high it gets.  It would be like an experiment".  Yes, you are right, daughter.

I heard T playing this after going to the bank one day.  "I gave it all my money and then it will spit it out when I need it again."  Can it be true that they understand basic finance with a savings account already??!! I'll take it.

E was quiet for too long once.  I got nervous and went looking for him.  He had crawled out of the kitchen.  I looked where the toilet paper roll was and no e.  Hmmm, where did he go?  I found him in his room.  Kneeling next to his crib sucking his finger feeling his fuzzy blanket. He just needed some comforting.  We need to make him a portable fuzzy blanket.

J took a picture of a raccoon.  It was in our backyard.  At 12:45 pm.  It was a rainy day, so it was dark, but not that dark.  I decided it must be a mama.  She is up feeding her babies or something. Or it is really dark in our backyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment