We flew back home on Tuesday. This time Jim was with me and the flight wasn't so full so we had a row to ourselves. I don't know why no one picked the seat between us:)..... And Tucker had a major poop explosion in his diaper as we loaded onto the airplane. Impeccable timing. There was no changing table in the back of the plane and the rest of the passengers were still loading, so I changed it on the seat, not knowing when I started the process it was an up the back and front poop explosion. good thing I'm pro. Not a speck on the seat, even peeling off the onsie. I was impressed. And our steward was so awesome, holding out a bag to insert the diaper just at the right moment. Literally a Johnny on the spot. I was very grateful to him.
Even in the recovery week, we've had a blast. I'm amazed at how fast the talking thing is happening. Reminds me of how fast the walking thing happened, too. Whitney is copying sentences now, not just words, and copies almost all words I say. Tucker is really cute on how he says "Whitney" Now that his pronunciation is better, I didn't realize how much he says Whitney's name. I've heard him use it a lot before, but now I know he's saying her name a bunch. Usually to get her attention or for me to bring him over to her first thing in the morning to say hi. Very cute.
Today Whitney used her cooking skills that look amazingly and suddenly grown up to me. I think the thing that amazes us parents is how grown up they act and talk so fast. I feel like they are babies, but are most definitely toddlers. Tucker is also very adept at sliding across the bottom of Jim's phone to get to the next screen of typing in his password. Exactly the way Daddy does it.
With all these grown up skills they are engaging in play with each other. Whitney was using a bath toy, pretending it was saying hi to first her and then Tucker this week. They gave each other pretend (thank heavens) drinks out of their play watering can in the yard this week.
It was also really nice to get back into the routine of things. I got back to exercising and we went to music time and clogging this week. In the particular clogging class I'm going to, there are other women that bring their kids, as well as one mom that home schools a 13 year old. The 13 year old plays with Tucker and Whitney and is really good at it. I think that's why I like the class so much. The babies have fun playing as well as me. This week they got their chairs they love to push around and faced them toward the stage, looking like a mini audience for about 3 minutes while they watched me clog. I think they also like the music. They also play basketball and make towers out of dixie cups.
Life is good, even without the warmth and sun I enjoyed so much the past two weeks. The videos are mostly self explanatory. Apparently Tucker gets really excited about fish in tanks.
How is it that your cute kids keep getting cuter and cuter!! Sounds like you had a great holiday!
ReplyDelete