Sunday, January 15, 2012

Only videos

This week was a blast! I've uploaded a bunch of birthday videos, too, which accounts for the fun-ness of this week! It also amazes me how fast the week goes when I have things to look forward to. The only things I do consistently out and about is music time and clogging. And for some reason, it makes the week go by really fast and seem really fun. Which is great, considering it's winter.

This morning it snowed. Barely dusted the roads, but enough to convince lots of other people that they shouldn't be driving around to church. The only people at church were those that have lived in the snow and realized the roads being wet and not icy is perfectly safe for driving in. Tucker walked outside and first said, "uh-oh" then looked up and smiled as he blinked his eyes rapidly as he laughed at how it touched his face. Whitney was very confused and concerned. When she walked outside, she stopped on the porch, looking very worried and said "Mess! Mess!". She said that phrase over and over, every time we would pass a patch of snow she could see out the window. And to think that snow was such a part of their lives from day one, but is now a bit of a mystery. But very fun to see them react to it snowing.

This week was also a blast due to the addition of the play kitchen and trucks to the already large stash of new toys from Christmas. They love that play kitchen even more! Tucker and Whitney each brought a truck to church. Tucker was having fun driving the truck all over Daddy. When he drove up and down his back, he said "back!" in his indoor/outdoor voice over and over. Then, when he drove it over Jim's ears and nose, he said "bump, bump!" just like he says in the car when we drive over bumps.

Whitney has learned she can use her new found vocabulary ask for food. One of her favorite foods to ask for is "bubble cheese", a phrase she made up last Sunday for cottage cheese. That and orange, chicken and bread. If I try to offer her something, she often asks for something else. Good thing most of the time it is a healthy request, so I pretty much give it to her. Next are going to be clothes, I just know it.

Tucker may be phasing out of naps. I'm very sad about this and am hoping it's just this week since they haven't done any serious exercise this whole week. Every time I take them outside or to the park, we last all of 10 minutes, even with serious winter gear on. Their hands turn red inside the mittens. But it has been sunny, so I keep attempting it, thinking for some reason I'm still in Cali. Sweet dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment