Friday, September 30, 2011

the past two weeks

They have figured out the joy of hanging.
Tucker and Whitney trading places on the tree to get a closer look at the ducks
I knew boxes were cool, but not this cool!
I'm so funny!  Sooo funny!
And I'm really cute.  Cuter than this baby wipes baby by a long shot
No more measuring cup!  Only blankie!
Look how happy I am with this blanket.  It's really funny!
And Mommy cringes some more at the filth of this blanket.
I love playing in the dirt, too!
Working, working, working
A close up of this dirty face and how much fun it is.



This week has been pretty fun and productive.  It has been sunny and dry for most days except Sunday and Monday, which are church and cleaning days anyway.  Since I was inside ALL DAY LONG on Monday I cleaned the whole house, made bread and made a delicious dinner.  The babies were pretty good, all things considered, but we did need to rough house for family home evening, that's for sure.  I have a really cute video of playing "box" that we made that night.  The babies also figured out that they really like to jump.  They do a lot of practicing of their new skill while walking around.  Or just having fun in the living room.  Another cute video I can't figure out how to upload.

The rest of the week was spent with lots of Daddy time.  Tuesday and Wednesday we traded babysitting with another couple.  I went to their house one night while Jim stayed home and put them to bed (see choco chip and fish crackers video) and she came here while we went out one night.  Thursday Daddy put them to bed while I went and played volleyball.  That night they skipped bath and clean up for playing with a new toy computer and playing wild.  Jim bought the toy computer in hopes Tucker would like it more than his.  Not a chance.  In fact, Tucker figured out how to unplug the computer.  That caused a lot of excitement and annimation on Dad's part that night.  And after all that careful planning and cutting up of the desk to conceal so many wires and buttons.  Bummer.

During the day and evening I have been doing a lot of yardwork in preparation for winter as well as this project of mine I decided to start up.  I thought it would be easier.  I went to Costco and saw these daffodil bulbs.  50 of them.  Costco size, bought at "the Costco".  Then I went home and decided I wanted to plant them among the rocks and hillside that I constantly look at in the winter (outside the playroom window).  But the plants in that section don't usually do well.  We decided to help it by tierring the landscape to minimize the water rushing off the plants.  So.  Since the daffodils in that areas didn't bloom (grew but no blooms), I decided I needed to tier the area before planting.  It doesn't look like that much dirt.  And then I discovered where the people that have lived here got all the rocks to line walkways and such.  And then the tierring I imagined in my head doesn't look beautiful, it looks stupid.  So Jim has this better idea of shifting the whole hillside back a few feet and moving the rocks we have to support it.  No problem.  Except that he hasn't spent the week digging only half of the area out.  And all because I didn't want to plant bulbs if we were just going to dig them up again.  I also have this aster plant......  but I think I'm going to leave it in the pot by the front door.

Tucker and Whitney have had a blast playing in the dirt with me.  Tucker grabs great handfuls and throws it on top of his head, just like the bubble video (another fun one to come one blog and one night at a time).  Whitney thinks he needs to have double the pleasure and throws fistfuls on his head also.  Of course they slide down his shirt and into his diaper.  And then she gets some in her eyes and cries out the dirt.  Crazy fun.  You should see the tub.

Tucker finally learned that rain boots are good.  He hated them at first.  Kicked them off in a fit.  But then I put them on whitney and she walked (very carefully) around the yard splashing in puddles while he watched inside.  All of a sudden he loves them!  Success.

Whitney is learning to hold hands.  Today she asked to hold Tucker's hand.  I was holding Tucker's hand and he was clutching his blanket with the other.  She went to Tucker's other side and looked for his hand under the blanket, not finding it.  So she asked me for help.  We went a good pace, walking back to the car, Whitney, Tucker and me, all holding hands, in that order.  So cute!

We went to a beach park today.  It was sunny and fun.  There were ducks in the water, babies with diapers only, and Whitney found a beautiful white cat that let her pet it three times.  Then wanted nothing to do with her.  So she threw some rocks down a grate.

We decided to go downtown and explore a new restaraunt.  One with a kids menu, of course.  Holy cow.  Whitney had so much fun.  She loved trying all the new foods and juice, sitting at the table in a booster, eating off of a real plate with a real fork and jumping in the booth.  And the kids play area.... Oh!  Life can't get better.  Unless you can shout really loud in the parking garage and have your brother copy you.

Hopefully I figure out these dumb videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment