So I didn't get around to blogging last night (or doing the webcam, Dad) because we spent from 7 pm to 10:30 pm trying to put Tucker to bed without him throwing up. Sorry to those who read it on Monday morning. It just wasn't happening. I think the saying that if Mom isn't happy, nobody is, isn't true. It's more like if Tucker isn't happy, then no one else sleeps. I'm really glad that I have such an awesome husband. He pretty much took care of the babies this weekend, even though he probably has a sinus infection of his own because I was about ready to explode from a week of not sleeping due to Tucker being sick. One benefit of a late post is I got the pictures Mom requested. Finally. Tucker wasn't about to pose for them last week.
So my dad asked me when I post the blog and I said Sundays usually. He jinxed me this week I think. He says he likes to read them because they are funny. I'm not seeing it, but I'm glad he likes them. I think it's like a friend of mine explained to me. She said a friend of hers recently had a baby. This friend kept looking back at her during church and smiling. She thought she had something to tell her, so after the meeting she went up to this friend. The friend said she had nothing to tell her, but was wondering if she could see all the cute things her baby was doing. My friend said she hadn't noticed the baby doing anything especially cute, but just being a baby in general. I guess as parents it is especially fun for us to watch our kids do all the kids things. I have to agree one hundred percent. I liked kids before, but I really like my kids and feel so sorry for all those other parents that don't have kids nearly as cute as mine :). I'm sure all parents feel the same way about my kids. Poor things. Too bad they are not as cute or funny as their kids. So that must be why my dad thinks my posts are funny. The same way I think it is absolutely hysterical the way Tucker and Whitney laugh, play with, or discover something. I'm sure my dad thinks it's wildly funny that it takes a lot of time to put Tucker to bed. (No, I take it back. I bet my mom thinks it is wildly funny that it takes so long to put Tucker to bed.) Or anything else that I'm learning about parenting or about the babies. Their his kids and grandkids.
Anyway. I can't really think much about what we did this week except just a normal routine after all that fun, fun, fun of the holidays. Lots of grocery shopping, errand running, library visiting, taking dogs to the vet with twins (now even the office staff commented on how crazy that was) and me finally saying on Saturday and Sunday that Jim was on daddy duty and I was out of there to do who knows what, just as long as it was without a screaming baby.
Oh yeah. I started running again on a regular schedule!! On a treadmill, something I never thought I'd do, but then, I never thought I'd live somewhere where there isn't much sun for a lot of the year. While I run I watch stuff on Jim's cue from netflix. I watched this video about why america is fat. Boy. It really makes me want to throw out all processed or boxed food and make our land a farm. But then, there's that sun problem again. It would be a pathetic looking farm. I told Jim that I wanted to get rid of all processed foods in the house. He was less than excited about that comment and didn't really want me watching his cue anymore if this is what happens.
Whitney had her first real owie this week. Jim felt bad it was on "his watch". She slipped on the hardwood floor while pulling to stand in the doorway and landed just so to nick next to her eye on the air intake vent. Jim felt horrible. He'd never seen so much blood come from the babies. Honestly, I don't know how it managed to be on Jim's watch. I catch the babies doing all sorts of things. I'm even in the same room putting away dishes and I turn around to get more dishes out of the dishwasher and Whitney is suddenly standing in the dishwasher. Hmmm. Time to get out!! And I'm lucky she didn't fall.
I don't have much on Tucker this week. He mostly sat listlessly in my arms or the patapum carrier and watched Whitney play and me work. He did get some extra practice in on perfecting his burps, but not much else.
Whitney seems to have grown up a lot this week and become a lot more interactive. She is doing more initiation of games of peek a boo and blanket. She has invented a few others. Even though she doesn't use words, she is really getting good at voice fluctuation, so I've been able to better understand what she wants. We've been working on sign language, but that's a ways off. Her biggest and most fun feat is practicing climbing the stairs. She will climb them 5 times in a row and want to do it again, but I get bored of supervising her. She also discovered how fun it is to flick the recycle bin open and closed. Good thing that is no longer a trash can lid. Eew! I've finally been consistent about teaching them to wash their hands before meals and it is cute how Tucker knows to hold his palm up for the soap.
Next week will be fun as we will have 1st birthday pics. Enjoy the video of Whitney enjoying the trash can. I can't believe I forgot to get her a dog bed for her birthday..... Silly mom!
Poor Tucky. I hope he is feeling better. I am glad you got some sleep. And poor Jim being on watch when Whitney got hurt. Bumps and cuts are all about that stage when they are getting into everything. Whitney looks so much older with a barrett. She is growing so fast!
ReplyDelete