Saturday, January 1, 2011

babies' first christmas and new years

Whitney asleep with one of her favorite toys.

My sister and I. And my new hair. For Washington

Tucker liked his new toy. He was sitting there, just biting it while the balls were flying out.

The babies around 5 pm Christmas Eve. They were in melt down because they didn't take their naps. They were having too much fun during nap time playing in Grandma Anderson's curtains.

Hannah making Whitney laugh. It was a warm afternoon, so we got our Vitamin D

One of my Christmas angels

Spinning in the hair styling chair after Anne cut (tortured) Tucky's hair. He was less than excited.
Whitney playing with "Spa Monster", the nickname for my brother after the babies threw a fit about getting into the spa with him. They wanted nothing to do with the spa. Whatever. All that making of swim diapers for nothing.


Good thing it is this year that is babies' first Christmas and new years. Even though their birthday is only 12 days away, that was 12 days less in the hospital and better health.

As all kids this age, they totally didn't get Christmas, but sometimes us adults don't get the focus for the season either, so it's ok. As far as the present thing, they didn't get it either, but for me it has been the most fun Christmas in a long time because of how excited I was to get them stuff. I used to think couples that said they agreed not to get stuff for each other, but only for the kids was because they just didn't have a good enough romantic relationship. Shows how much I knew. Now I totally get those comments. Why get each other gifts when it is so much more fun to get the kids gifts. I think that's why it didn't feel like Christmas to me, because I wasn't so excited for what I was going to get, but because I was so excited for what I got for the babies and to be with family with the babies. That and it's been awhile since there hasn't been any snow around Christmas for us.

As for New years, the babies' had colds, so I knew we'd be up at night anyway, so we went to bed after watching Invictus (good movie). Sure enough, the babies were up around midnight anyway and we rang in the new year snorking snot out of noses and giving them medicine to the sound of distant booming from fireworks echoing off the mountains (yet another bad night of the year for Sammy, too). It's ok. I've been looking forward to ringing in the new year with kids of our own for such a long time that even though I was grumpy about being awake at night again, it's still better than sleeping through the night without kids in our life.

So. On to how the babies' aren't babies, but little kids now. Whitney is really showing a lot of understanding. She can help clean up blocks (with help), initiaties games like peek a boo, blanket, and clapping and has been really good with the dogs lately. She felt sorry for Rocky before our trip and was trying to give him his chew toy that, for some reason unknown to her, he didn't want to chew on right then. She tried three times to put it in his mouth.

They both like to touch their toys to get music going to dance to. They also love to go walking around the house holding on to others or cars (as you will see in the video).

We had a great time being with family and the trip was much better now that we are "seasoned travellers"

Off to write New Year's resolutions.....



1 comment:

  1. The holidays are so much more fun with kids! It brings back the magic, I agree. They are getting so big. Love the pics of the sleeping angels. And your new hair looks great! I cannot believe they'll be one already. You've survived the first year! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete