The babies have been working on more and more tricks. There are lots of video available to watch them play. They've had a lot of fun playing this week. The one that made me laugh this week the hardest was a tub incident. I had Tucker lying down on his back while I rinsed his hair. Only his toes were poking up out of the bubbles, so Whitney took a taste test. Rats. I didn't get Tucker's hair rinsed. He popped right up out of the water from the pain Whitney's teeth inflicted on his poor toes. That reminds me.
Whitney has another tooth on bottom that popped through and she has two molars coming in. I thought Tucker would have been the one that would have those things come in first, but Whitney beat him this time.
Whitney is learning to climb. I knew she'd be my climber. She climbed up on a box in the office. Now I really can't let them wander around the house too long by themselves. Tucker likes to climb up on the fireplace tile and smack the fireplace about the grill. It makes an especially cool noise.
We went to baby story time this week at the library for the first time. Whitney was sitting in my lap, paying attention. I think she liked it because she was paying attention for so long, but I'm not completely sure because I couldn't see her face. I could see Tucker's face, though. He had the biggest grin on his face as he stood with one hand on my shoulder and slowly surveyed the room. He seemed to be so fascinated and amazed that there were so many people HIS SIZE! I think he really likes "babies".
Tucker is getting really good about moving his car around, including backing it up over Whitney and pushing her off of it. Lots of whining from her about it. I have to agree with her, he is being very rough, but I can tell he doesn't mean it. This is the tricky part about having different sized twins. They are the same age, so you can't say " be soft with the baby". But Tucker can just push her over by shear size. He has a pretty good milk belly going on. Jim says their bellies remind him of lizard bellies, especially when they are breathing hard while on their stomachs.
They still are working on their "putting away toys" trick. That's my favorite trick by far. It makes up for the "practicing to use utensils" trick. (see pics)
The babies went to the doctor this week for their one year check up and shots. According to this doctor's scale, whitney is 19 pounds 4 ounces and 29.5 inches long. Tucker is 23 pounds and 11 ounces and 30.5 inches long. He still has a head circumference at 97%. I believe the scale with Whitney, but I seriously have to wonder about Tucker's weight. He feels so much heavier to me. I was really impressed with how brave they were with their shots. Neither one of them started crying until the first of four shots was pulled out of their leg and they didn't fight me while the nurse was giving them shots. I guess getting diaper changes are waaaay worse than shots, because they fight me a lot more for those.
This week Tucker was helping me clean the dishes. He pulled all the spoons out of the dishwasher, and,mimicing Sammy, was licking them clean. For the most part they had been rinsed, but I had forgotten that I had a spoon I had used to get honey out while making bread. I guess it wasn't very well rinsed, but Tucker covered that for me. I thought he was "helping" for 20 minutes because he was chewing on the spoons. He was chewing alright. He licked all the honey off. It was really good.
Jim figured out that Whitney really likes stuffed animals. He gave her her bear at story time one night, and she snuggled with that thing the whole time. The next day I pulled all the stuffed animals out. She picked the fluffiest one, one Jim picked out a garage sale for 25 cents. She loves Gorilla. (see video)
It was dry a few days this week, so we went to the park. I let the babies crawl around the toddler playground equipment. At first they didn't get it, but then Whitney cried when I pulled her off of it. I think she wanted to stay longer.
This week has been a little frustrating at times for me. With the babies being more active, I feel like I've not been productive, which makes me go a little crazy in the head. Tucker still isn't super awesome about sleeping through the night. The volume on his crying is down a bit, and it's 2 hours this week instead of 3, only 3 times this week, but seriously. Why do we have to sleep train him after any change in routine? (Although, during the day reflecting on it, two moves, two big trips with plane flights and 2 month long colds is kind of a lot in 5 months). I told the doctor about it and thought it was because he was waking up due to his cough and then wouldn't settle down until we fed him 12 ounces. Again. The doctor said there is nothing wrong with his ears or lungs, so we were going to have to practice "tough love". I told him this would be the sixth time we've done it, and he laughed and said "I guess he'll be challenging you the rest of your life". I don't know why the doctor thinks that's so funny. So anyway, one night I was complaining to Jim about Tucker crying, one dog chewing on the chew flips (trust me, it's a lot of loud smacking), Jim flopping around and sniffing because he's sick, the other dog snoring, and just complaining in general. This was around 4:30 in the morning. Poor Jim. Sometimes I wonder why he stays married to me. But anyway, as I was thus complaining, Jim summed it up for me and said "So basically you hate all the boys in the house." It stopped my complaining because it was funny, even at that hour in the morning, but not funny enough to make me admit it by laughing out loud so I just had to be quiet.
The great thing about this blog is it makes me think about what I did this week and it makes me look good, like maybe I am productive, even though at the end of each day I wonder if I did anything but feed the babies, make their food, or clean up after a meal (poop included).
The most productive thing I did this week was work on geneology. Funny thing. While I was working on it, the babies took the longest nap they would take all week. I guess if we do what God wants us to do, He makes a way for it to happen. It's also a really fun thing to do because I just feel like Grandma and Granny Shirley are so excited about us finding out about the fam. I think it is odd to me that Tucker and Whitney will never know Granny Shirley or Grandma or Grandpa and Grandma Henry. I guess that is how they feel about me not knowing their parents or grandparents.
Until next week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The toe sampling in the bath tub is hilarious. Plus the "hating all the boys in the house at 4:30am". The more sleep I lose, the more emotional I become. Marshall can surely relate to Jim. How cute that Tucker loves other babies. And Whitney is a doll. Girl, you are a mother of twins. The fact that you make it through the day each day is enough to be proud of!
ReplyDelete