Whitney is now old enough to protest Tucker. She doesn't like it when he sits on her, pulls on her, takes her toys or does anything to bother her in general. There was one really cute thing that happened this week. Tucker pulled her hairbow out and then sat there trying to put it back on her head. He couldn't figure out why it wouldn't stay like it normally does. Paul and Cathy got to see this reaction of Whitney to Tucker in real time on Monday when we did the web cam thing with them.
The babies seem to have "matured" a bunch this week, as my dad says. I think they look more like little kids now instead of babies. So sad for me in some respects, but they seem to be grasping concepts now. I love the concept of assisted clean up. Who cares if they can wave hi to someone, let's spend time teaching them something useful to society. Clean up! If we give them toys fast enough, they will throw it in the box if the box is placed in front of them. They won't give up their bottles or seriously drink out of sippy cups yet. One thing at a time. I tried teaching them how to use a baby spoon and bowl with some applesauce. What a mess. We are going to have to have a lot of those trials, but at least they didn't throw the bowls on the ground like they do after one swig on the sippy cups.
It sure seems like they are going to walk soon. They both do wall squats and Whitney stood up independently. It was when she was really mad about not getting in the bath fast enough, but she did do it. 2 or 3 other times she has done it while playing and has had minimal ankle support only.
This week we got rid of night time bottles. More sad for me I think, but they didn't even protest. Until Tucker remembered at 2 am this morning that he didn't have one at night. 5 out of 6 nights isn't bad though.
Something that makes me laugh is Tucker and his head butting. This week he head butted Rocky. I wish I could have captured that on camera. He slowly leaned his forehead against Rocky's forehead, looking down, then backed up. Rocky just sat there. Whitney doesn't go for it, but whatever. That's her problem, I guess.
There are lots of cute things they did this week, but I can't remember them. Oh yeah. Tucker claps his hands or beats the floor to the time of the music. Maybe I should start writing stuff down. All I know is I need to apologize to Tucker about him being a grumpy baby. He is not a grumpy baby. He is a very happy baby, as long as I give him enough food so he can sleep properly. He laughs and plays most of the day now. So much more fun for everyone. I did feel better today, though, about me not knowing Tucker was so hungry. He seems to need so much more food than I thought a baby could eat. Jim saw how much lunch I gave Tucker and said "He's going to eat it all?!" And yes he did.
As for the videos.....
The one with them dancing to the toy would have a running commentary something similar to this. Tucker: Nope, don't like that song. Or that one. Maybe this one. Nope. Yeah! This one! I'm glad I finally figured out how to tune this thing! Whitney (commentary at the same time): That one's ok. Yeah! I really like that one! How come you don't like that one? Go back! Oh! Here's one I like!" I just love how they dance.
The other is how Tucker will take care of Whitney by helping her finish off her plate and how much Whitney loves story time. Tucker does too, but he saw the camera looking at him and realized he needed to put on a show.
So cute! I love the random sleeping positions in the crib. It is amazing how babies can sleep. I would fall asleep as well if I was being carried around. Zzzz. And I get crabby when I am hungry, so I can understand Tucker's pain. Growing boy! My boys both went through a head butting stage at that age. I was their primary target. Not so fun.
ReplyDeleteYour dad is right, they look like toddlers now. Maybe a birthday really does make a difference. As for the eating-just get used to mopping up the floor around their high chairs after every single meal. And enjoy the mess as much as possible. I kept my sanity by taking lots of messy baby face pictures--the only way I can appreciate the disaster that comes with the learning.
ReplyDelete