I had a moment this week when I went to take a video of the babies and the camera wouldn't turn on. The battery went dead and I had forgotten to save out the battery charger for the camera. It's packed somewhere in storage. But then I remembered that they wouldn't pack cameras, so I was forced to take the other camera with us. Good thing. I thought I wasn't going to have any pictures of the babies for a whole month! Heaven forbid! I hear with the next kid, we won't even take pictures of our baby (hopefully it is just one next time) for months on end. And Jim takes pictures of the babies on his phone, we just can't figure out how to get those pictures off the phone. Either way, we will have pictures of the babies during 8 months old.
This week Whitney got her first tooth!! Finally! Self defense in case Tucker starts biting. He hasn't yet, although I think he accidently bit his thumb. The bib must have slipped out of place during naptime. He woke up one day with a boo-boo the size of a tooth on his thumb. I think Whitney's self defense so far is being able to move more than Tucker. That was what I was trying to get video of. I sat them on the bathroom floor (since that is the biggest non-carpheted surface) and watched them play. Whitney loves hard floors. She loves to bang on them. Apparently they make cool noises. This time she was chasing a tupperware container around the bathroom. As soon as she would touch the container, it would slide across the floor about 6 inches and she would have to military crawl to get it. The most frustrating part for her was when it would slid behind the toilet to the other side of the toilet and she couldn't crawl behind the toilet to get it. She would scream instead. I put Tucker on his stomach to see if it was easier for him to scoot himself around. All he did was stay in the same place and watch Whitney.
It's interesting to me that, even though Tucker has 6 teeth, Whitney has figured out how to eat a cracker much better. At least with less choking. Maybe Tucker thinks his way is better, I don't know. Whitney bites off little pieces and gums them up, while Tucker stuffs as much as the cracker in as will fit. If the cracker falls into his bib, he cries for another one. Whitney has figured out that the cracker pieces fall into her bib. When she runs out of cracker, she reaches in her bib to get more. A lady we met in the store that also has twins was talking to us about how different her two twin boys are. She says the smaller one has figured out how to move sooner. It's fun to watch our babies learn different things at different times due to their personality.
We've been hanging out at a park this week that overlooks the sound. The view is great and the babies love to play with leaves, grass, and just generally look around. Every time I put Whitney in the front of the stroller I get comments about how cute the babies are. When I put Tucker in the front, lots of people smile. I think he grins at everyone that walks by. I had a lady say that I had a "beautiful child" when Tucker was in front. It is so fun when other people think your kids are cute because we sure think they are cute and fun.
Whitney is having lots of fun holding herself up to stand. She laughs hysterically and bangs on the coffee table when we hold her in standing. She will want to cruise soon.
We think the house hunting thing is over. It will be nice to put the babies on a consistent bedtime routine. They haven't really been on a routine for about a month. It will be nice for them to have their bath, last meal and play time around the same time and in the same order. They've been pretty good about the switch up almost every night so far.
This week we were invited over to Jim's co-worker's house for games. It was really fun! I also finished two letters of recommendation and got a bunch of scrapbooking done during baby naptimes this week. We also walked along the waterfront a little bit yesterday when the clouds cleared. It was really strange for me to see salt water that was calm and ended against cement, not a beach, but the waterfront was much cleaner than I thought it would be. It was relaxing and a nice end to the week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am glad the house hunting is close to over! Tucker cracks me up with his cracker eating. He sounds like all boy and Whitney sounds like a dainty girl. Too cute!
ReplyDelete