The title of this blog truly is amazing. Yesterday was the first day that there was not a cloud in the sky since we moved here. It was an awesome day!!! It was about 75 degrees or so, too, so a great day to be outside. We went to the river. Tucker, Whitney and I sat on the shore and played in the sand (well, they ate sand and I played in it with them) while Jim went steelhead fishing. He fought with a "big one" for an hour and a half, but it "got away" He was pretty bummed about it, but overall it was such a relaxing day. It was awesome to get out of the city. And we learned something. We had no idea how close Mount Rainier is to Seattle. It's very close. And very beautiful. And very hidden by clouds most days, apparently. And to end my perfect day, I went to the broadcast, which had a great message about how we need to be examples of and teach our kids about praying, reading scriptures, being obedient to God's commandments and serving others. It was an awesome talk. And not to worry, still working on it. I tell people about how someone else (not me) can do it. My old roommate reads scriptures with her family, her 2 year old jumping on the bed (and anything else in the room) while he repeats word by word one verse of scripture as his Dad reads it to him. I think that is awesome!! That is one skilled set of parents.
Good news. I think I should be able to post pictures of the babies this week. I hope it works. I'm downloading them from an email Jim sends me to the computer and hopefully it will upload well. We'll see.
Tucker has been super cute this week. Whitney continues to be mommy needy, so Tucker has been playing well on his own. He spends more time on his tummy and has really started talking. Whitney usually talks loud and repeats a single syllable over and over and over. Jim pointed out to me that Tucker talks with two syllables and adds voice flucuation. He does!! I don't know how to imitate him. He still continues to laugh and smile a lot, which makes us laugh. He had his first real cold this week and has been trying lots of food. He prefers rice cakes to wheat bagels and really likes cheese and yogurt. They both get the chills when I feed them plain yogurt. I think it might be a little strong and a sour taste compared to flavored yogurt. Whitney really wants to feed herself and doesn't eat much, except a bottle, of anything that I try to feed her. They love cantelope, avocado, pears and fresh apple juice. Whitney loves plain chicken. She begged for more of that stuff!!
Whitney has been cuddling with "Egg". She loves this yellow plastic Easter egg and carries it around with her, even to bed when Daddy put her down last night. She has been hitting a bunch of stuff with it.
We went to the library for the first time this week, so they have been having fun with some board books, one of which is titled "Urban Babies Wear Black" I had a good laugh over that book. We also went to a really cool playground on Monday and the babies had a great time swinging in the baby swings and watching other kids run around.
I've decided that being the Seattle weatherman is a pretty cush job. This is how most weather reports go: cloudy with a chance of rain and a chance of sun. All on the same day. I guess they figure if they predict rain and it happens to turn a little sunny later in the day, everyone is extremely happy. But heaven forbid that you predict sun and it doesn't happen. So full sun without clouds or rain is rarely predicted unless it is a 99% chance.
I guess the best news is that I finally have a functioning cell phone. I think I mostly have it because everyone was very inconvienced by me not having a cell phone, Jim most especially. It happened as such. My pre-paid phone ran out of battery. The battery was no longer accepting a charge, even when it was plugged in, so it completely died. I had no one's numbers. So Jim went down to the AT&T store to get a battery and came back with a new phone that was added to his plan. Apparently they don't sell batteries, so he asked for a cheap phone, which they had, but wouldn't work with my pre-paid plan unless you went through some complicated thing, so he got a normal phone by adding me to his plan. Something I was loathe to do after all my run around with AT&T. And I'm still a little bitter because now I can't use the rest of my pre-paid minutes. I should have just called everyone like crazy this past month to use them up. Whatever. But now you can call me again. And I can call out!! It has been more convienent, I must admit.
Anyway, hopefully you enjoy the pics. I'm going to download them as soon as the babies go to bed.
Yeah for pics! They both look so sweet snuggled and sleeping on you. I love those snuggle moments! And the videos are great. I love baby laughs! Glad you are surviving the change, even if all you get is rain. Miss you!
ReplyDelete