Gerber and Beechnut companies need to be told that they are advertizing baby rice cereal. It is not rice cereal. It is rice cement. Once that stuff gets on a baby's face, it's there for three or four face cleanings and the high chair tray is doomed unless soaked if you miss wiping a spot. If you are looking for testimonials, Whitney prefers Beechnut and Tucker doesn't really care. Whitney cried two meals in a row about the rice cereal and didn't calm down until I fed her pears or squash or whatever else was in that bowl except rice cereal. Poor babies. We had been putting rice cereal in the bottles and hadn't increased the size of the holes because the Beechnut brand dissolved enough, but when I switched to Gerber (it was on sale) it clogged the holes. It happened to be the night Paul and Cathy came into town, so they were ok with the switch because the babies were still up, since they hadn't gotten enough food from their bottles fast enough to go to sleep on their first bed time. Oops.
So pears is where it's at for Whitney. They both really like squash, too. We're going to figure out a way to make zuchinni a baby food so they can start helping eat the plentiful harvest from our garden. It will even be organic! I take it back about Whitney being a clean eater. Once Tucker figured out that food comes from a spoon, there are very few left overs on his hands or bib. He usually slurps that stuff right up.
This week was much calmer, but still fun. Monday was catch up day, Tuesday I went to work, so they played with the nanny and had a blast. Slept really well that night too, because they played so hard and had fun with her. Wednesday we visited Izana. They are old enough to enjoy the fact that her kids like to play with them. Joseph really likes to play with Whitney and Tucker and Whitney and Tucker had a good time laughing at his antics. Izana was glad his craziness was good for something! Thursday Paul and Cathy came into town and Friday was Lindsay's graduation from her nursing program. Saturday we met with Sue and Marshall and Autumn and Emily. It was a roommate reunion from college!! I finally saw the movie The Blind Side. Awesome movie!!
Jim went to Seattle Sunday through Tuesday to visit with Amazon. We find out tomorrow how the interview went. We'll keep you posted.
I finally read some of the other blogs from my friends and got some ideas. Like I can label the pictures below the pictures. That is obvious and much easier. The disadvantage of reading the blog (it was Sue and Marshall's) is that I had caught up with them (kind of) right before they visited. Won't do that again. I won't read blogs of people I visit for about 2-3 months before I visit them so I can enjoy catching up with them verbally, not virtually. Live and learn.
Rice cereal is wicked to clean off. I agree it is cement! Love the cute pics. I am so glad we got to meet them. Rachel was asking if we would see them again on our way home from Aspen Grove. Such cute babies!!!!!!
ReplyDelete