Monday, July 27, 2015

Grandma AND Grandpa!!!

We decided that we could fit 3 kids, 3 adults and all the camping gear for everyone in one amazing car.  We did.  But nobody could breath.  Especially my dad.

W really wanted to sweep up the tent when we got it set up

Playing at the beach within hours of arrival.  I missed all this.  I might have forgotten the air pump.  I was back at camp manually blowing up my double air mattress.  The princess paid the price for her soft bed

Playing at the water with grandma and grandpa

Grandpa and E.  We are obviously used to different weather.  E is flushed and my dad is holding his long sleeved furry sweatshirt

The seaweed cake they made

First evening's dinner.  The table was in the sun

First time baby brother is tied up by his siblings.  More to come, I'm sure

very funny.  E was laughing too

Boys with grandma.  But the sun was a bit bright

Cooling off after doing laps on the campground road

 
"Oil leaking out of the train"  T and W were playing trains while balancing on the log

Filling up the diesel fuel for their trains

On the park playground

Nap time in Grandma's tent

W loves to do this.  She will end up deaf, I'm sure.  She puts her ear on the speaker to sing to the songs in the car, even though the music is up plenty loud
T's time with Grandma and Grandpa.  He even got to pull on the bell to make the noise.  He was happy about this.  No one else has gone on this.  He told us in great detail about this trolley when he got home.

W is the only one of us that has gone on the ferris wheel.  She remembered that she went around 4 times 

Grandma and W time

Grandma got her flowers jus for her.  W noted that Grandma got a key necklace.

Special lunch.  Wearing grandma's jacket because Mommy thought she wouldn't need a coat

What E did while grandma and grandpa were on the whale watching boat.  I can't believe how amazing this kid is.  He went to sleep on the beach without a pack n play.  I would have thought this was an impossible feat

We played kitties in the tree while we waited for E to sleep and Grandma and grandpa to come back

beach play

Grandpa picking blueberries!!

W teaching E how to pick ripe ones.  E ran around saying they were "delicious" or "that was a good one!"

Grandma grandpa time for E

E was confused why grandma was folding her arms.  He thought it was time to pray

Fun at Red Robin



Water day.  They filled the bins to bulging.  T slipped and fell, but it was ok because he was wearing his helmet.  He had whacked his elbow.

Lunch with Grandpa

ferry views

This is why we are camped here.

This was from April, when T brought the dolly on a hike.  I just now found these pics on my mom's phone

April dolly hike.  In a tree

W adjusted this bolt all by herself.  It made her forearm muscle burn but she said "I can feel my muscles getting stronger, mom"

E's portion of "wheat"

boys working on the mailbox together

our campsite

A lovely evening

Collecting "wheat'' to make "triscuits"

Afternoon book time

E plugs his own ears while papa works the saw

work site supervision
first glimpses of Thomas

Watching Thomas' eyes move

watching the music show during "stinky the trash can fly"

cute pic

about to ride thomas

The boys on the way home from Thomas day out

E time with Grandma and Grandpa.  E was out there playing for about a half an hour while Grandma and Grandpa were talking, just playing happily

Thomas is real!!  Now I know why parents take their kids to Disney land
 
 
 
 
Highlights of Grandma and Grandpa: Day out with Thomas, camping near the beach, and grandma/grandpa time.
 
We had a lot of fun.  The pics tell it all
 
A few phrases from this time together.
 
E keeps calling his flip flops his blueberry picking shoes.  Everytime he gets ready to go, he says "I want to wear my blueberry picking shoes". Great.  No prob.  Put them on please.
 
"Aquafina!"  My parents laughed at E when he copied that so perfectly, so now he says it when he sees my parents.
 
"time to mobilize".  The house was on the market when my parents were here.
 
 "I'm a funny Papa.  I have a phone in my pocket, but I can't reach the soap".  I had asked T to hold my phone when we were in the bathroom while at the campsite.  He made this observation about himself while we were washing hands.  He had put my phone in his side pocket, just like Papa.  But he wasn't just like Papa because he couldn't wash his own hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment