Saturday, February 8, 2014

joy school starts up again

W made books today.  I have no idea where she gets these ideas.  This is so not me so it absolutely amazes me.  She made counting books.  She drew blueberries and apples in different quantities and then had me write the quantity at the the bottom of the page.  The apples had long stems because they were "really ripe".  T got excited about making books and made Papa lots of scriptures.  Lots of paper with one scribble in the middle, but a very big stack of folded paper.  I see where he is going.  He also took w's first book and called it E's book because it was so small.

T made a try square with his paper and scissors instead of books.

She finished her third huge coloring page today.  She likes to slowly work on a page a little each day.  She also has been working on organizing anything that has color in rainbow patterns.  The play dough containers are placed in rainbow, the crayon boxes are organized by color and then the box is organized by rainbow pattern.  I didn't notice and accidentally put it out of order.  Oops.

W asked me so nicely the other day about this plan she had.  She says to me: " Mom.  I have a plan.  How about we go to Target tomorrow and see how much money Percy is.  Then we can check to see if we have enough money and get Percy.  How about that plan, Mom.  We can do that tomorrow.  What do you think?"  So now the asking of stuff begins.  I so just want to give it to her purely for the cuteness and sweetness of the tone of voice.  But I think I need to think of a way for her to earn it or sell some of her toys.

I don't know why I buy toys other than trains.  So dumb of me.  They usually somehow get played with as trains.  Thomas is real.  Today they tipped the easel on it's side to make it a train.  They used their take apart train to make "tracks" (deep lines) in the carpet.  T made a track that had a perpendicular turn.  Then he got concerned about how the "train" was going to make the turn.  It was too sharp of a turn for the vehicle to fit.  He was very concerned about it.  He kept asking W how that was going to work.  She kept saying "I don't know" like I-don't-know-nor-do-I-care-so-you-figure-it-out. tone of voice.  T also made a garage and was trying to figure out how to turn the vehicle and get the garage door up.

He was concerned about that because I might have broke our garage door.  Ok.  I did.  I was trying to fix it by pulled too hard and it came off the line.  Oops.  T has been very helpful trying to fix it by pushing the button and checking to see if E is staying in the living room not crying for me.  He did a great job pushing the button for us.

E is getting very skilled at crawling.  And he is down to one nap.  He just randomly did this Sunday.  It has been three days and has only had one nap in the middle of the day without grumpiness or waking up early or at night.  Weird.  That was the easiest nap transition ever!  I guess I shouldn't hold my breath since it has only been three days.  His papa also gave him his baby treats from christmas and amazingly he has his pincer grasp starting.  It won't be too long until he has that skill down.  Either he is picking up these skills faster and younger or I'm just so enjoying him being a baby that I feel like he is growing up too fast.

E's top teeth came in Feb 5th.  He also totally muscles himself into a pulling position, but then cries because he's not sure how to get down except totally falling over.

I haven't been clogging for some time due to nap schedule and such, but today I gave it a go.  I wasn't too excited about him flopping around on the floor, so I brought the play pen.  Turned out to be a great idea.  I usually let them ride their bikes around, but I can't get them because the garage door is still very broken.  Instead of riding around to get energy out, they pushed E around.  Everyone thought that was hysterically fun.  Works for me!  T and W also were being very cute and pulling each other around using the baby rings I got out for E.

After clogging, T and W wanted to dance with me.  I was just up there having fun, but one of the other kids, three years old, barely, totally showed me up on the dances.  He put his song on and started the moves.  And he is amazingly good.  Whatever.  I'll just follow him when I dance.

Go olympians!  I love watching!  When do the curling events start?! While watching the snow boarders, we saw a guy at the top of the jumping mountain thing knitting of all things.  Really??! You are so bored you knit while on TV??!!  Random

T asked me today "do babies have necks?"  At first I answered yes, but then started laughing pretty hard.  It's a very valid question.

We tried going to the park today.  That should have been a no go.  I put all sorts of clothes on them. It was really sunny, so that means very cold.  Even with snow pants, we only lasted a half hour outside.  Silly me going to all that effort.

We started with joy school again this week.  We have been learning about trees.  I've had an absolute blast with it.  I told the other moms I couldn't get excited about the joy school curriculum, so I made up the stuff based on a theme of my own creating.  We read books about trees, played snacky squirrel, a huge hit.  We wrote names, practiced reading tree on the board, writing their names on their dot to dots, putting ripped paper on trees according to the tree (summer, spring, etc), singing songs about trees, finding tree parts in the yard, freezing leaves, playing hide and seek outside, eating leaves for snack, talking about animals that live in trees, etc.  It was so, so fun!  I'm glad we are doing joy school again.

Papa got them a color wheel.  It is referred to around here often.  T informed me that on the ipad that yellow and black make brown, not yellow, red and blue like the color wheel says.  I had to explain there are more ways than one to make brown.

We went to the beach and then that night it snowed.  It was a really bad day to go to the beach.  The wind was piercing and freezing.  I even had them in their snow pants, but it didn't matter.  They walked down to the water and just stared.  Not about to play in the sand.  Really bad idea, mom.  So we took quick pics and left!  Just as we had made observations of the daffodils growing in our yard that spring is coming.  That's ok.  There is always a snow to freeze the flowers.  At least they are not blooming yet.  W tells anyone that listens that spring is on the way.  That means that she will soon be able to run outside barefoot and eat watermelon.

I've also been trying to explain to her why we buy the produce we do.  I usually get stuff in season because it isn't as expensive.  A guest brought us strawberries, something she always want, but I'm not ever very excited to buy tasteless strawberries for a high price.  I think W picks up on it more than I realize because she informed our guest that "strawberries are ripe in the spring".  Our guest said she wasn't sure if W wanted any because they weren't good enough, but my smart guest said they probably were growing in an area that is warmer like spring and they would taste ok. W agreed because she pretty much ate almost all of them.

E loves, loves, loves to pull himself up to stand.  He can do it best on his toy table top thing.  As soon as I put him on the floor, he beelines it over to his toy and pulls himself up.  He keeps trying on other pieces of furniture, but it just is too hard still.

W and T wanted to dance like I do after clogging.  We danced on the stage.  Before that though, W informed me that we could stay home and dance because we have dancing shoes, dancing wood (the masonite sheet I have behind the piano), but we don't have music.  But then she corrected herself and said we do have music because E could play it on his table.  True and very creative, W!
waaay too cold

Telling us about all the hitches and missing hitches he is seeing on the passing cars

W's first mini book.  2 apples and 5 blueberries

T's "try square"

Consulting the color wheel while in the mail truck

W's book creations

rub a dub dub three kids in a tub

W's finished pics

I think this is the first time she's done her name with me just telling her the letters, not seeing them.  She was still frustrated with it because "it isn't good"  Too much like me

"pantalones!"  She bit off the bottom of the bell pepper so she could stick her fingers through and make pants for her fingers

Dedo with shorts on now because it is spring and warmer now

1 comment: