Wednesday, January 29, 2014

The rest of the year....

This picture makes T laugh every time.  "Oh Uncle Ryan is holding me upside down on my head!"

Pushing Uncle Ryan.  They played outside doing this for many hours, barefoot.

cute T

E, Uncle Ryan and the cruiser

eating toes is so silly, Aunt Krissa

Bulldozer helping W pick up her beads

E was sleeping.  Not too bad a pic with the timer set on the couch

Visiting grandma Wilma

Playing in the dirt with Grandma Wilma

The sun felt fabulous!

E enjoying his new toy from Grandma An.  No other baby has chewed this!!

Another thing we did for hours.  Swinging through the leaf pile in the sun with Grandpa and Papa

W's turn!

Higher!

Playing in the leaf pile.  A result of odd weather in cali

cute T with cute E in Grandma's arms in the background

Checking to see if the rope is doing it's job.  Bulldozer is very close by

Grandma Kim giving E a deep bath

E's spa bath in Grandma's sink.  The light is actually a battery lantern.  I didn't know it, but it was the beginning of the end.  E was taking a bath at 10 at night because he threw up all over

E playing in the water

Ooooo! Light!

T played this with Grandpa for about an hour.  Putting sand in the top and filling up the bucket to pour more down.  Another kid came to play and asked T if he could play with it.  T politely responded "no you may not."

W did go on this train ride but was very, very sick without me realizing how sick she was until later

After we got better and recovering very slowly. 

On the hammock in colder weather, but still just as fun

T didn't have much energy, but enough to smile

very still spa time.

"I don't know why everyone is having such a problem.  I was better in 24 hours!"

T the next morning dead asleep in Grandma's arms at 10 am in the morning.  Very, very unusual.

E standing independently the first time.  Just needed a wake board to properly motivate E

How is this not absolutely adorable?

Or this one?

More fish going potty in the spa

The hideout revealed!

Food is coming!

A common sight.  T knows just how to help E

Helping grandma cook

More quiet activities.  This day I only let them have fluids.  1 ounce every 45 minutes to keep it all down.  Keep reading, Grandma!

I'm so cute!

Uncle Ryan riding wild in the wagon.  Go Uncle Ryan.  No one else will do your job right

T using the truck to add to the burn pile

Dumping the load
After Christmas, we spent a day with Grandma An and Grandpa.  It was absolutely fabulous.  I have no idea how warm it was, but to me it felt like spring.  We really enjoyed eating oranges fresh picked by W for lunch.  T totally choked down on BBQ potato chips, too.  Mommy decided to let grandmas rule and the kids totally loved it.

the orange tree was at grandma Anderson's house.  We enjoyed catching up with everyone.  after lunch we walked over to visit Grandma Wilma.  It was about 5 blocks away, one way.  T got a tractor and semi truck for Christmas.  He is slightly attached.  When we were getting ready to leave to visit the other grandmas, t asked if he could bring his truck home.  J asked him why and he said, because I really like it.  So that means he carried it on the walk to grandma Wilma's.  He also played in the dirt with it and helped w pick up all the beads she dropped on the sidewalk.  W loved getting her beads so that is what she carried over.  She was shaking it a little too much and they escaped.  But at least she had a brother to help her.

J stayed with E while he was sleeping at Grandma Anderson's.  I went back to feed him and left the two older kids with Cathy with Grandma Wilma.  t opened the door for Cathy so
she could push grandma Wilma's wheel chair through.  They also built a garden with the tractor.

After visiting with grandma Wilma, we went back and Paul and j pushed the older kids on the tire swing through the leaf pile.  For like, maybe two hours.  They kicked the pile up every time it got low.  W and T loved it!  The rest of us sat in the sun and chatted.  Then we ate the hickory farms package for dinneer.  a perfect day.

Friday we were back up at my mom's.  She brought us to her friends house to jump on the tramp and look at the horse.  That afternoon we met up with  aunt b at the Placerville park.

Saturday was the start of the end of fun.  We planned to go to the park and ride the mini train.  We did just that and T had a great time.  However, unknown to me, W had the stomach flu.  We figured it out about halfway through the outing.  Poor thing!  We were so far away from home and she wasn't doing so well.  But I had no idea.  Just before we got on the train, she said she had to spit.  She is by prone to motion sickness and was playing fairly normally, so I thought it was a one time deal, like when she had gotten off the hammock earlier in the week.  But then, it kept going.  She wanted to go on the train so bad I really didn't think she was sick, but after we got off, she crashed and completely fell asleep.  After that we went home and none of us really emerged from the house for five days while we all cycled through it.

Some funny and not so funny parts.  Tucker commented on how his poop melted.  That about sums it up.  They kept asking why they were sick.  I told them a flu bug made them sick.  Whoops.  That brought on all sorts of discussions about how bugs crawled into their tummies.  Whitney threw up three days and each time t would comment on how she ate a bug.  Then she would cry some more.  That's how I knew they were never deathly I'll because t would always have just enough energy to tease her at some part of the day and w would scream and react.  Although one day I was a little concerned about t because he slept until noon.  Very, very uncharactoristic for him.  I kept checking to see if he was alive.  He also asked to go to bed a couple of times and would just sit around.

Toward the end uncle r gave them wagon rides since they really didn't have energy to play but were bored of movies and books.  They had to get outside!  Grandpa took them in the spa and they would mostly just sit and stare.  But I was glad my mama could take care of us.  I'm certain it will be quite some time before we get invited back.  It will take a bit to recover from an entire week of sick house guests that kindly shared their germs and screaming children.

Even though I felt like I wasted 7 beautiful sunny days with family, we did manage to get in lots of spa time, looking at stars in the hammock, reading books in the hammock, drawing with sidewalk chalk, collecting pine cones, playing with truck and tractor,  making a crane, drawing, doing dot to dots, playing make spaghetti with play dough and swinging on the porch swing.  We'll come back again.  W has asked every day since coming back home from Grandma's when spring is coming.  Too bad she has to wait until summer to go barefoot here.

1 comment:

  1. Bummer about the stomach flu! E is so chubby and getting so big! I just want to pinch that chub!

    ReplyDelete