Friday, August 30, 2013

just us hanging out

I was tired the other day.  I usually start yelling about how I have to clean up another mess. Not sure why...... but Whitney commented to me in the car that "sometimes you forget to be nice, Mom."  I had  a good laugh about that.  Yep.  You're right.  So we went to the park after that comment.  We all needed some fresh air and sunshine.  And not think about the messes to clean up at home.
Toy explosion in one day.  I really don't like cleaning these up.  neither do they. They solicit Papa's help every night

Whitney being cute

drying Tucky off

This pic is for you, Stef!  I love this outfit!

Eating snack in dump

Summer snack in dump

Ethan playing with the big kids

Ethan chillin' in Tucker's wagon

Paint chalk explosion.  They ran through the chalk paint they made and had a blast.  Pretty cute effects!

Tucker really wanted his own pic with Ethan in the box, but they were kind of big to both fit in together

Whitney and Tucker's favorite slide at this park

Three kids in a box train

Running through the heather bushes

Daddy and Ethan.  Daddy was checking out how well the new camera worked.  He got one using a credit for camera supplies.  He figured they didn't plan on him getting a whole new camera with the credit.  Another Jeremy way of thinking to help us out. 

With all this nice weather, the last thing I want to do is face reality.  Like clean the house or go shopping or cook.  So I've started to get a little inventive in our snacks and dinners because I don't want to lock us inside in a store.  Jeremy has been getting a little desperate with this great idea of mine and has started going random shopping, which means I've had to get more inventive with random stuff to cook with.  Tucker loves it.  He could totally eat goldfish forever, every meal, but I was trying to get him to eat some produce. I started offering him the usual fare of fruits one afternoon snack . He said no to all of them.  So I started offering veggies.  I started with bok choy.  He was really frustrated by then I hadn't offered goldfish yet and said "Bok choy is not a snack!  It's a dinner vegetable!"  I laughed pretty hard at that.

Ethan loves baths and to be tickled.  I was tickling him during his bath, which made him really start splashing.  Then I could tell he realized he really likes splashing, so he went crazy with his arms and legs like only a three month old can do.  His facial expression of "this is awesome" and his little legs pumping at such a rapid rate made me laugh.  Then he realized he liked making Mommy laugh and splashed some more.  What a cutie!

He talks a lot.  I don't remember Whitney and Tucker talking much until 4 months or later, and even then, mostly Tucker.  Whitney has always been quite an observer.  But not Ethan.  He loves to coo and chat up a storm.  He tells us about all sorts of stuff.  Not sure exactly what, but all sorts of stuff.

We haven't seen fiery flynn for four days.  Jake came over to play.  Tucker and Whitney were playing with Thomas and Fiery Flynn right before he came over.  Tucker started listing off all the toys he didn't want Jake to play with, so I told him he needed to put away any toys he didn't want played with so no one could play with them.  Whitney decided to take turns with toys instead of confiscating them.  But I don't know where Tucker put away Fiery Flynn.  So he hasn't played with it for four days because he can't remember, either.  But yet he still wants to confiscate toys when friends come.  I don't get it.

One day we had  great day at home.  Of course it was the day after I cleaned house.  Listen to all the great stuff they did. 

About 9 in the morning they decided to "play smoke".  This means throwing fine, powdery dirt at their wagons .  It makes their wagons smoke.

Since their wagons got all dusty from playing smoke, they needed a bath.  Giving them a bath in the bins brought on the idea of making chocolate cake with the dirt they previously used to play smoke.  Once the "baths/bins" cooked the cake, Tucker noticed my car was kind of dusty so he and Whitney washed my car with the dirty water while the car was parked inside the garage.  All this was going on while I was nursing Ethan.  I could see it all going down from the living room. None of it was life threatening, but seriously!  The day after I just washed all the floors!  I told them they had to stay outside the rest of the day.  As soon as they wanted to come in and play for any length of time, they would have to go straight into the bath. 

They were pretty good about this.  I brought them picnic lunch, snack and dinner outside.  After dinner, Whitney dashed into the house.  She remembered.  After her potty break, I heard the bath turn on.  She was getting straight into the bath, just like I told her earlier in the day. 

My best memory of that day was during lunch.  Whitney slung her arm around Tucker's shoulders like he was her best friend and they were just hanging out.  Tucker didn't slug her, but just sat nicely with this small grin on his face like "Yeah.  My sis and I are best friends"  One of the very few times they were touching each other without fighting.  It was so cute!  Of course the moment was gone in a flash.

Tucker pulled out a random Sammy memory.  Sometimes I think they don't remember the dogs, but they do.  Tucker explained to me the reason why he doesn't sit with his legs forward on the chair is because Sammy would lick his legs and "bite" him to eat the food.  Oh yeah.  Good point.

They've also got some memories of my dad.  Like repeating "Meow meow goes GULP!" which is what they played when Grandpa was helping get them ready for church.

Tucker is very sweet and loving with his brother.  He knows exactly how to comfort Ethan and loves the fact that he can do it for his little brother.  He offered to hold Ethan's hand today in the car when Ethan was screaming about having to be strapped in.  Only problem is Ethan can't reach over to touch Tucker's outstretched hand.  Bummer about being a baby and not being able to even touch the top of your own head.  As payback, Ethan shows how much he loves Tucker.  The other day when he was talking up a storm it totally sounded like he said Tucker.  We'll pretend it was his first word.  Tucker was plenty excited and considered it the real deal.

Tucker can also be sweet to me.  He likes to put lotion on my arms.  One night I put my feet in the bath and he "washed the sugar buggies off my knees". Apparently all germs are called sugar buggies.  That's what they call tarter, by the way.

And they are also sweet to their toys.  They gave shark a bath.  In the playroom.  Where there is lots of carpet.  Used almost the entire contents of the Hello Kitty water bottle.  Grrrrrrrr.  Dumb me.  I forgot I can't use the bathroom during the day.  Duh!

When we were at the beach they found some sticks and small logs to play with.  They got a Papa log, a Mommy log, and a baby log.  The baby log got to snuggle alternating with Mommy and Papa log.  The baby also got lots of rides on the log. I thought that was pretty inventive.  Along with inventing the fact that the pop beads are keys for "primary dump".  Primary dump got it's name from the primary colors it has on it.

I found out why they love nursery so much.  The larger version of Thomas and Fiery Flynn.  I heard them talking about it.  "Hey Whitney.  Let's get to nursery fast so no one else takes it first.."  Yeah.  They play Thomas for almost the entire length of church now.  Thomas is real.  Next is mostly likely to be My Little Pony.  Whitney said thank you to Jeremy the other night when he let her watch it.  While I was gone, obviously.

Whitney pointed out to me the other day that the big toe was a thumb and the little toe was a pinky.  I would like to pretend she is making good observations about anatomy.  Hah!  Right.  My artistic pink loving daughter.


No comments:

Post a Comment