Tuesday, July 23, 2013

no pics on this one, but text for last week in june, first week in july

W: Lots of people ask how Tucker and Whitney are doing with Ethan.  I don't know.  They like him when he is awake and happy.  I could say the same of me.  But I do love how they want to help and play with him.  Whitney loves to get up close in his face, rub his face or hands and make cooing noises at him or say "He's so WIGGILY!" in a high pitched, sing song voice.

Whitney was drawing faces on the white board the other day.  She drew lots of smiley faces, one frowny face and one face with the mouth wide open.  She said that one was a "whaaaaa!" face.  I wonder why she said that.  She also drew legs on all of them to get down to the ground.  Some of the legs went around the smiley face heads.  Very flexible knees.  She also drew eyelashes on the girl faces.  They were such big eyelashes that Tucker commented "where are their eyes, Whitney?"

She also draws lifeguard chairs.

She understands concepts more and more every day.  It shows up in various random comments randomly throughout the day.  Like "Mommy and Daddy let us stay up late to do fireworks".  Lots of times it is good.  Once it was heart wrenching.  She asked, in the middle of play just a few days ago, "Why is our baby alive on earth and Anne's babies are not?"  I didn't know what to say about that.  Just that it was a very good question.  Then she went back to playing.

She likes to talk about stuff at night before bed.  Her favorite topic?  "Let's talk about flowers!"

E: Hasn't figured out sleeping schedule during the day yet.  Likes to be wide awake until he goes bonkers.

T:  Tucker loves to snuggle baby brother.  He is often asking to hold him.  He likes to open Ethan's hands.  Not a favorite of Ethan's.  He likes to say "His eyes are open!" in such a surprised and delighted voice.  He also plays with Ethan's feet and says "They are so beautiful!"  He is also fascinated with when Ethan's hands are open and comments "his hands are open" the same amazed and delighted way he does with his eyes.

This one is a test comment.  A friend of mine says she reads all my posts.  Crazy.  Who has time for that????!!  A nursing mother I guess.  Anyway, Whitney was asking why we couldn't use the outdoor chalk on a chalkboard instead of just the driveway.  I said we didn't have one and Tucker said "Max has one!"  It sounds so weird to hear them refer to my friends how I refer to them.  Not sure how to break that habit.

While drawing with chalk on the deck, Tucker drew letters.  He drew them on lines aligned with the boards like lined paper.  Then he said he was writing emails to Mommy and Daddy.

The garage door hasn't been cooperating lately.  Tucker has taken it upon him to fix it if it doesn't work.  He's actually pretty good about it.  Kicks it in the appropriate place or "puts his hip into it".  He definitely copies our body mannerisms. 

Tucker really has figured out how to use the bar stools we have.  I guess it's better than climbing up things that shouldn't be climbed.  Nothing is safe now.  I took away a toy and put it on the refridgerator.  Tucker got it down for Whitney later in the day.  He also gets the garage door opener down to open it and make sure it's working for Mommy.  BUT!  He also likes to hang up his clothes.

He has quite a sense of humor at times.  Like he put on the pink sand castle buckets around his ankles and ran around the driveway.  In case you are wondering, it looks really funny.  It had us laughing.  Might be one of those "had to be there's"

He also gave "cheep cheep" a vitamin.  He really likes these felt birds my mom made with them.  They are felt birds on a popsicle stick.  He laid his on the floor and lined up a vitamin on the floor next to its beak.

They also started putting these birds to bed in the doll house.  And then pushing the beds along the floor running through the house.  One wild nap, poor birds.  Good thing they are made of felt.

It also amazes me at how much my kids quote movies and books.  Like all day long.  Any media that goes in comes out in their play.  They play Thomas all day long.  They also have been playing "heavy duty dump truck", something from a book.  In this book it also says "Honk, honk.  Out of the way!  I have very important things to do today!"  Tucker runs with his dump truck yelling that very often.

I decided to use the movie/book thing to my advantage.  I let them watch the scripture stories on the ipad when things get dicey during nursing.  Now he adds in things like "In six days God created the earth" or "He made the dark and called it night".  He really only likes watching the creation story over and over.  He calls it the earth movie.  I don't get it, but another friend of mine says that her kids like that one too, maybe for all the animals in it.

I have also started using math and word games and apps on the ipad during these nursing times.  Maybe it  is educational.  Not sure.  But interestingly enough, one time when Tucker was trying to get to one of these apps, he said, screaming in frustration,  "I can't DO IT! You have scripture power on!"  How he knew I had the scriptures pulled up is beyond me, but it made me laugh.

Tucker really likes taking care of me.  He fills up a squirt bottle of mine if it is empty.  He puts lotion on my arms after he puts lotion on himself after bath.  When he puts lotion on me he says it "keeps my skin strong and healthy".  He can also recount in exact details to Jeremy how I take care of things or people step by step.  One day he said to me "let's put on green lotion so you don't get stinky" to me.  Green lotion is deodorant.

This translates to his new joy of squirting vinegar on the floor to clean the wood floors.  I do this myself, by the way.  He's not doing it destructively, but to help.  He also puts windex on.  And loves to scrub the toilets.  The last one is very nerve wracking.  I don't particularly like it when he splashes or touches something he's not supposed to.  I watch every move and clean up right away with those ones.  But he's helping out with chores.

W and T:

They've been playing turtles.  Jeremy has let them use two of his heavy duty bins to play with.  It's an outdoor box.  I'm surprised at him letting them play with those things.  They are precious commodities.  Anyway, they get in them and put them over their heads.  It cracks me up how it looks when they are moving around.

Another way they played with the bins was making a happy birthday cake.  Whitney came up with this game.  She got sticks to stuff in the holes all the way around and then they sang happy birthday to various people.  First Whitney, then Tucker, then Mommy.  Whoever was being sung to was not allowed to sing, per Whitney.  Then that person had to blow out the candles.

Jeremy has been going SCUBA diving every week since crab season started.  It is rubbing off.  Papa is either at work or SCUBA diving, according to W and T.  The other day they were playing "SCUBA diving with life jackets" with the "uh oh pillows" downstairs.  Their life jackets were the outside furniture cushions because they have Velcro loops that attach to the furniture that they could put their arms through and run around with this huge cushion on them.  It was pretty funny.  They would jump off the couch on the floor with them on.  I was the life guard for this game.  I was surprised about the life guard addition.  We went to the lake and Whitney wanted to know about the chair.  She obviously understood the concept.

No comments:

Post a Comment