Thursday, November 15, 2012

week before vaca

check out the size of these leaves.  Whitney likes to collect big and little leaves

Whitney admiring her collection


We made some treats for the neighbors and Tucker insisted on carrying the plates over to the houses.  It was a little stressful for me to watch, but he was very good at looking at the plate.  All I had to do was to direct him in the right direction.  Pretty cute!

Whitney and Tucker have both been role playing a bunch.  It's their new phase in life.  Whitney put her baby in a "seat" in the playroom and "went on a trip to find Papa".  I guess she is a little jealous of all Jim's travels.

Once I heard Tucker go in the bathroom and flip up the toilet lid.  I thought he was going potty, but I guess it was one of many times he was taking Fish potty.  I heard some genuinely sad cries of distress.  I went in there and fish had fallen in while going potty.  It was sad.  Thank heavens Tucker didn't flush.

Sammy sleeps on the floor next to Tucker's bed when Jim is gone.  I guess it's because when Tucker wakes up and sees Sammy, he says "Sammy wants you to pet him" (you=me) and he very gently gives Sammy lots of pets.

Tucker also gets up to feed Sammy his "O's"  He repeats "Sammy eats O's" over and over until they are fed.

Whitney comes up with all these one liners and observations that let me know how much she observes and remembers.  She randomly said these things during play.  "Papa's on a plane".  "I'm happy with Mommy" and even corrected my Spanish.  I accidentally called her hijo and she said "Hija!  Not hijo!".

Tucker and fish on the "airplane" together

This one is as big as my head

Cuteness

Whitney monkey at the top (freaking me out)

The fort they made and the watch towers
My neighbor and I were having a discussion about gummy vitamins.  She cracked me up by saying how she is going through "calcium withdrawls" because she ran out of her calcium gummys and feels like she's "gotta have it" in the morning.  We had a good laugh about that and how we all look forward to the sweet treat in the morning.  The kidlets never let me forget either.

No comments:

Post a Comment