| They put themselves to sleep in this position. Just lik in the hospital!! |
| Tucker is in the closet, asleep like this. I don't get it either. |
| At the playground. Happy 4th! |
| Another 4th playground shot |
| Tucker chillin' it with his leg crossed with Jinglebells |
| Happy together with the hose |
| Whitney talking to Grandma. She talked to grandma for about 3 minutes! |
| the new "bunks" I moved the changing table into the closet to store it and to use it to store stuff, but this is it's really purpose. Jingle bells is in the middle. |
| last cold day of summer. Whitney can push Tucker a bit in the bucket, but doesn't like it when Tucker pushes her. |
| If it's going to be cold, at least it should snow. |
| Pulling the sleds on the snowy landscape. |
| More purple shirts, please grandma!! |
| Eating watermelon on the 4th. |
| One of Whitney's favorite playground toys |
| Adding "gas" to the car |
| Spinny spinny! |
| Up close of Whitney in the bunk |
| Tucker biting a ball. Better than other things and people! |
I had a friend ask me today how the weather was. I said it was miracuously not rainy. She asked if that meant not raining clouds or actual sun and I'm pleased to say it was sun and blue skies. Absolutely beautiful 10 days an counting. I haven't been very good at blogging on time because the last thing I want to do is be inside. It's finally dark out.
We were invited to someone's house that has a pool. Why they have it is beyond me, but they do and this is the day to have the pool. Tucker loved swimming. Whitney really liked floating on her back and using the mini squirt gun. Swimming means holding on to mommy with a death grip while both babies use life jackets. When I got out of the pool, I was dripping wet of course. Whitney took note and said "Mommy is peeing! Gross!!" I had to explain it was the water running off of me, not anything else, but it cracked me up she said exactly that sentence and made the connection.
This morning I faced reality and stayed indoors long enough to do some bare minimum cleaning and cooking. While changing the laundry, I pulled out the superman pjs. Tucker was holding Piglet while watching me pull out the clean laundry. I pointed out to Tucker that superman was clean and dry again. Tucker moved Piglet up and down like Piglet was talking and said " I want Superman". That's the first time I've seen him pretend make something talk. It made me laugh pretty good.
I don't really have any new photos from this week, so I'll just fill you in why I haven't read emails or called anyone back. The babies go to sleep around 8:30, but don't really fall asleep until 10, but I wake them up at 7:30 anyway, hoping that they will get tired sooner. And there is a lot of monitoring to make sure they stay in their room until they fall asleep. A new world for me that apparently ends when they move out. I've been doing lots of stuff during the day to wear them out. Not to mention I still can't believe it is still sunny this many days in a row and refuse to miss any of the rays.
This week we have gone to the pool twice at the friend's house, gone to the beach twice, gone to the playgrounds at the beach, played in the yard when not gone, had a back yard fire with s'mores with some friends (girls night) and then the usual and constant feeding of the mouths. Most of these activities have needed both my hands, so I haven't been able to take pics.
Tucker loves the water. He loves to jump, splash, kick, crawl up Mommy's legs (not an option, but he likes to try) and go in up to his neck. But not get anything wet above the neck. If someone splashes him, or a squirtgun mist hits his face or neck, time to freak out. He smiles the entire time he's in the water unless there is water on his face or hair, of course. Tucker had a blast throwing a sieve in the water, because it squirts water up through the holes when it lands.
Whitney loves the water also. She doesn't like it as long and prefers the sand once she is so cold she is shivering and has blue sand. She really likes smashing the sand castles she builds. She enjoys the water from the comfort of her floatie, where she can kick toward or away from Tucker and Mommy at will. I had bought them life jackets to use at the pool, beach and on a boat, thinking a one time purchase for three purposes, but not so. They don't play on their own in a life jacket. It's a bit like a snowsuit for the water. They can't quite bend to get to the sand. So the floatie with legs for one kid and holding the other works the best.
Whitney has started saying Tucker instead of Tucky. It's pretty dang cute. She is usually taking care of him. Today when he was in the floatie, not really liking it, she gave him a ride around in the water while he floated, kind of like how she gives him a ride in his mop bucket. But then later today she threw a heavy toy at his head, so who knows.
When I was preparing the deck for the ladies' night, they had a blast throwing the outdoor pillows around and down the stairs. It was apparently hysterical. Why, I don't know, but it was.
Whitney likes to paint everything with pink chalk. I've only had to tell her to stick to her toys a couple of times. Once she tried coloring my car with it. She does it so much that Tucker has started asking her to do another coat when the pink rubs off the toy. He asked for Ruff Ruff to be pink again.
Tucker really likes basketball and basketball hoops. He looks in the church gym every time we go to church to see if "basketball down", if the hoop is down. He also really likes playing with any type of hoop he can invent. Mommy won't let him play with the one in the street.
Anyway, I will blog in maybe another 10 days from now. Rumor on the street is that next week will also be straight sun. I'll believe it when I see it, but I've been loving this!!
No comments:
Post a Comment