Sunday, February 12, 2012

pathetic pics

Tucker: "What's up!"- mid chew
Just before I snapped this, they were both standing int it, looking out, like they were in prison
Tucker really likes diapers as a hat this week??????!!!
Whitney was being really cute, but put her hand up just as I took it. Still pretty cute.



The pictures are getting harder and harder to capture and videos are worse. Every time I have the camera out, they stop what they are doing and run over so they can see themselves on the camera. Very annoying. I almost caught some really cute stuff.

The picture of them in the fire pit ring on the back deck was taken at 5 o'clock at night. I was very excited about this. They ended up playing until 5:30. This means several things. It wasn't raining. It wasn't freezing cold. It was light until then. They were getting lots of energy out and slept well that night. All very happy things that means we are heading toward a warmer and less rainy season. I'm very excited. My primroses are also budding, the daffodil shoots are up and there are crows eating our trash (the green waste bin is slightly open from all those limbs from the tree I pruned last week). None of these things happen in the winter.

By the way, since living here, I hate crows even more. I didn't know they are bullies and scavengers like seagulls. Have the same sized nasty poop, too. Stupid crows. They chase all the other birds away that make pretty noises. Even Sammy and Rocky hate crows and bark at them incessantly when they are in our yard.

So this week we had a lovely time playing at the park, in the yard, or playing at the park with friends on Monday and Tuesday when it felt like spring.

Wednesday was a Valentine's party at music time. Whitney and Tucky's first Valentine party. It was then that I realized in getting rid of the diaper bag and going down to a back pack they carry and my purse, I don't have my camera with me. Lots of cute pics that I didn't capture. Whitney loves crafts and totally seems to get them. She's a bit of a perfectionist, though, in that if she can't make the craft look how she wants it, she gets mommy to do it. Tucker just kept handing Whitney supplies so she could make him one, too. I was absolutely shocked at how well she can do a craft. It was a craft that involved stickers and gluing and she got the concept and had her own idea. Definitely doesn't get that from me. It might explain, if I have a budding artist, why she likes the "Messy Me" book so much or why she is so messy in her eating. Just practicing her finger painting skills. But then she took her craft apart on the way home and then put it in the crucible we have for spices to smash it up a bunch. I guess she doesn't love her first attempts. She also knows how to sprinkle sprinkles on a cupcake almost as well as I did. She knew exactly what and how to do that. Tucker saw the cupcake and ate the frosting top off. He wasn't interested in the rest.

There were a bunch of veggie, cracker and fruit healthy treats at the party, but there were those cupcakes and another mom brought some valentine candies. Tucker saw those and couldn't concentrate on anything else except those two things until I took them out of his sight, and even then, he barely ate enough to satisfy his hunger. I guess he has mommy's sweet tooth. Whitney ate the whole cupcake in about 1-2 minutes. It was very good.

Thursday was a great day for mommy. After my clogging class I got to talking about a physical therapy topic with someone that was very enlightening for me. I had such a blast talking about it and it made me realize I really do like physical therapy. I need to sign up for my con ed class soon!

Friday we went to a new pediatrician. Jim's health insurance with this company is kind of like Kaiser from what I can tell in it's bigness and set up, but I do like the pediatrician. I think Tucker has a crush on her. Funniest thing. He was so good and helpful the whole time we were at the doctor, it almost made me laugh. Tucker took all his turns first, before Whitney. Climbing up on the scale, standing against the wall to be measured, getting a peak in the ears and getting his belly poked at, as well as his shots. When the doctor asked to measure his head, he smiled at her and leaned his head forward to accommodate her, like he was being such a gentleman. It seemed to really help Whitney feel better about her turn. Maybe that's why Tucker did it. To help Whitney.

Whitney is 2' 9.5" and 24 lbs. Tucker is 2'10.5" and 30 lbs. That puts Whitney in the 33% and Tucker in 45% for height. And Whitney 13% and Tucker 66% for weight. No wonder everyone says Whitney is so petite and Tucker is so big. Tucker is thick for his height and Whitney is slender for her height. Tucker still has a big head. in the 80%. Some shirts are really hard to pull over his head.

The doctor didn't seem to be too interested in testing Tucky for almond or milk allergies since the allergy just decreases his snot level, but I'm not about to go back to milk. That kid has consistently slept through the night, even when he had a cold, since then. I'm sold. If I don't have to wake up, no more milk. I guess it's like Scott's allergy to milk. Not life threatening, just really, really annoying. Surprisingly, Tucker hasn't had too big of a fit about not having milk. He seems to really like soy milk. Whitney likes it about the same as she likes cow milk. And I put soy in his smoothies. Seems to be doing very well.

We had to go downstairs to get the shots. The babies were very brave. They didn't cry or squirm too bad until the nurses had the needles on the way out. The nurses were awesome, too. They had a singing animal that the babies were fascinated with during the whole thing. And they had stickers. Tucker picked out the same sticker there as he did in the doctor's office. He saw the jaguar sticker, immediately said "meow" just like a small innocent kitten, and has been carting around that sticker, saying meow the same way ever since. He keeps trying to stick it to his belly, but it doesn't really work. I've been very surprised at how much he loves his "meow".

Whitney really likes taking her baby potty. Kind of annoying because she expects me to respond to baby needing to go potty the same way I respond to her needing to go. Good thing I'm not potty training Tucky. Then it would be like potty training triplets. No, thanks.

The videos are just as pathetic as the pics. I tried to get video of Whitney directing Tucker to play Tickle Feet through the stairway banister just like Mina does and of them finding poop for me. Kind of, sort of.


No comments:

Post a Comment