Sunday, December 18, 2011

No! Not him! Not Santa!

The babies in their "cages"
I have no idea what Tucker is doing. He wanted to snuggle with the nasty front hall rug. Gross
The less successful Santa visit. Note: Tucker clinging for dear life to his Daddy's neck



I'm doing this backwards. Jim is still working so I can't use his cool computer to upload pics. I'll write the text, then add the pics.

One thing I really wanted to remember to blog about is how much fun Tucker has making faces in the mirror at himself or with me. It cracks me up. Happens every time we wash hands.

This week I cut Tucker's hair and played phonic videos for them, per a friend's recommendation. Holy cow. They love it! Tucker was great during his 30 min hair cut. Except one side of his hair looks great and the other side, well, you can tell which side I had better access to.

This week we went to the Garden d'Lights. Wow. That was absolutely incredible. I didn't think a lights display could ever compare to Temple square, but this one just might compare. They made the gardens with lights. They made all sorts of plants with lights. For example, there was a garden patch. A strawberry patch, corn rows, tomato plants, carrots and a scarecrow all made with lights. Silly me didn't take pictures. A friend did, though. Any pics from there are from her. Jim was supposed to meet us there, but he ended up working, so it was a little crazy with them both. I didn't have the stroller in the car because we had taken it out for sledding and didn't put it back in. It was awesome until Tucker got cold. Then it was a lot of screaming. Whitney seemed to be enjoying herself, though.

Santa came to visit our house this week. It was super cool! Tucker wouldn't let go of Daddy. Had a death grip on his neck. Whitney wasn't too excited either, but they both were very gracious and said Bye a bunch when it was time for him to leave.

This week is the shortest day of the year. I can' wait! That means the days will be getting longer. Something I'm looking forward to more than any other year.

I watched a friend's kids this week as part of a babysitting trade. Whitney and Tucker had a blast helping with the baby. They both liked feeding him his bottle, something that really stressed him out, but he drank faster that way. Whitney liked sharing her crib and high chair with him. When she saw him at church, she pointed to him and said Baby! like she was excited to see him.

Whitney has been saying "asleep, asleep" a bunch this week. I just connected why. We've been playing the children's christmas songs and the Away in the Manger song says that in the chorus a bunch. Very cute to me that she picked up on that.

Today in church mention was made of a storybook that tells of a mom that had a great service opportunity. Each week the family draws names and serves the other person during the week. When they do the service, they add a straw of hay to the manger they have on display in order to prep for the coming of Baby Jesus. Very cool. Now. All I need to do is remember that for next year, or the year after.....

No comments:

Post a Comment