Jim toured this ship
So when someone asks me what my most embarrassing moment is, I think I can respond to the question with this stunt. Tucker peed on his nursery leader today. I'm mortified. I guess his diaper was on crooked and it all leaked out. I feel so bad. This nursery leader has been through the wringer with Tucker. May I never be called to nursery leader because I'd have kids like Tucker or worse. Last week he cried for 45 minutes until he finally threw up for being so upset. Today he decided he liked her enough to fall asleep in her arms, which, for any parent with a kid over 20 pounds knows how uncomfortable that is, and then did the deed. I think she is definitely up for a gold star award. No pun intended. I'm thinking of making her some sort of yellow treat as a joke, maybe something lemon flavored, then give her some good chocolate to soothe her nerves. That's what always soothes my nerves. Some good ice cream or M&M's. Anyway. I'm really embarrassed. Hopefully he's allowed in next week.
Tucker has learned some new feats this week. He can climb into his high chair.... with the tray on. He was so hungry after church today that he achieved that new skill no problem. But then he cried a bit because he couldn't sit down to eat until I removed the tray because his legs won't fit in otherwise. He also learned to climb into our bed on his own on Monday. It probably prepped him for this last skill. His toy of choice for bed is his measuring cup. Whitney's is her bear. Today, while Tucker was crying in nursery, his leaders asked for his comfort object, expecting a blanket or stuffed animal. I said he didn't have one because I didn't think they would believe the measuring cup. But I think he would take his blanket or Piglet instead. Whitney has recently been interested in taking care of the dogs and stuffed animals lately. She really likes her bear at night. Tucker has been mimicking her behavior. For Tucker this week I picked out several smaller sized animals for him to choose from. Jim is significantly concerned that he picked Piglet. He is concerned about the pinkness of Piglet. Piglet is just the softest. If Tucker really had a choice, he would pick his nighttime blanket. But I won't let him have it out of the crib due to the amount of dog hair that sticks to fleece and doesn't wash off. Poor Tucker. I think I've found a smaller blanket that won't go in the crib for him to have instead. So we'll see how Tucker does. Tucker has also been starting to say "Hay esta" more often and clearly. That is why there are so many pictures of them playing in their fort.
Whitney has been adding more words to her repetoire, but the problem is that I can't remember which ones are new. She also has started babbling in tones that sound more like conversation and words, even though I don't know what they are. She has had a rough week this week though. She's had an on/off fever for four days, needing medicine to keep it down about 2x/day. but that is her only symptom. No snot, coughing, pulling at ears, new teeth or change in poops. I have no idea what is making that happen. Today she pulled at her ears once in pain, but not before or since. Who knows. If I have to consider giving her medicine, maybe I'll call the doctor, but I'm not sure what they would do about it. She hasn't slept real well and so has been fussy more than normal. Lots more screaming, which means lots more chocolate eating for me at night. Probably gained 5 pounds this week. Most of the time she is pretty happy and playing, so I have no guesses. She is on a berry ban for the next three days, in case that is what's bothering her. Too many berries. Don't know. But the one benefit of her not feeling so well is the amount of snuggling I get in with these babies on the move. Earlier in the week she discovered how fun it is to push the stroller.
We've had some fun this week too. The friday visit to the beach bundled up to wait for Daddy to look for crab. He caught five, so we had our neighbor over for dinner last minute. She brough new toys for Tucker and Whitney that they love and some ice cream on a stick. It was great. Some clamming with friends and a bit of blackberry picking to go with it. I might be able to learn to make some good jam yet. Tucker and Whitney definitely love clam chowder
One of the videos near the log is a sample of Tucker's talking. This is what I hear for most of the day. The other video is Tucker giving a hug gently enough that it didn't end in a take down for Whitney. She didn't mind this one, which is truely a rare event. And the last video is a play time in the fort.
They are growing up so fast! It looks like the kids are adapting well to that pacific northwest weather!
ReplyDelete