
Whitney at the botanical gardens

Whitney getting ready for church

Whitney shoving rocks down the drain at the botanical gardens. Whitney really likes to collect things. She makes stacks of pine cones around the house, puts as many gravel sized rocks as she can in her hands whenever she can (see above picture), and carries around sticks.

"Exactly how much longer is this shopping trip?"

Whitney is also teething like a puppy. She loves to chew on stuff. Here she is chewing on mommy's toothbrush. Another favorite chew thing is an unwrapped tampon. Why ever did I get them chew rings?

Found a rock.

Tucker didn't want to pose for any sort of picture. In the botanical gardens

At the botanical gardens

Throwing things in the water in the botanical gardens.


At a beach park. I think a bunch of local residents donated these sunbleached cars for every kid to enjoy. Worked with ours.

Another collection of rocks or shell collecting at the beach. At this particular beach we watched seagulls for a good 45 minutes. They love watching birds. We saw a seagull try to catch a crab (the crab won), another seagull steal a muscle from another bird that had dropped the thing from a good height to break the shell and another seagull capture a starfish. I didn't know they hunted starfish. That's the only time I've seen it. But maybe this was a dumb seagull. It was shaking the fish really hard back and forth, like it was saying no. It shook the starfish so hard, it flung it out of it's mouth and back into the water. Then the seagull waddled over to the side of the dock it was standing on and looked down in the water. Maybe that's why I've never seen a starfish being eaten.

Another sanitary hand washing.

Tucky with grandma on the ferry.

Babies climbing on the playground while grandma catches a pic and mommy enjoys the view.

16 month photo op at a farm park

16 month photo op at the farm park

The babies first attempt to bury mommy with sand.
This week we went to a new place every day with grandma. What was really awesome about it is that they were parks, mostly within a 10 mile radius. We went to a park that had farm animals, a park on the beach with a playground, the beach itself and a beach park with sand toys, and the botanical gardens, all for free. Pretty fun. We also finished the paint project in the kitchen that I started 3 months ago. I'm pretty excited about finishing that. I took my mom on her mothers day/birthday excursion and we played outside in the front a bunch, as well as in the house. Whitney discovered she really likes cots. My mom opted to try out the cot to sleep on and loved it as much as Whitney did. Well. Whitney loved it more. My mom also invented the "amusement park ride" (a rapid circle in the double stroller), making a "lake" (water in a bucket for the babies to throw rocks into) and showing the babies how awesome bubbles are. I cleaned the house in 1/2 day, the fastest on record all at once since they were born.
The commentator on the video below is my mom, who thought I was taking pictures, but I really was taking video.
Poor Jim. He had to go to work all this week, but he is liking it, and liking having work, so it was good week for everyone. He has started talking about work and his trips with work, so I think he is happy with work again.
your kids are SO cute!!!! :)
ReplyDeleteI don't know how I missed this last week! How fun to have your mom visit again. Whitney looks like such a little girl in the church pic. So cute! I love that you are near the beach and take your kids exploring. fun times!
ReplyDelete